Blue and Yellow Trail Loop

Blue and Yellow Trail Loop is a 12.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Brighton, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

beach

Island state park has two bike trails: blue (longer) and yellow (shorter). This is the yellow. Easy/ moderate difficulty. Quick & fun. Trail allows for a quick speed. Has a few log piles. Has some sandy parts. If its been raining a lot a small section will be flooded but it's not bad.

I hike the blue loop every so often ( i usually stick with the yellow because of time restraints). If anyone has hiked or biked the blue trail, have you seen the VW bug in the woods? I am trying to get a history of that car and how it got there. if you have any info please let me know. Thank you.

I Like the Yellow Trail because it is less technical then Maybury State Park Mt Bike Trail, and it feels like a faster ride.

There were a few parts that were not marked well. Near the end "two-way" traffic signs popped up and I ended up missing about 4+miles. The blue connects to the yellow if you're trying to get the full trail FYI.

Great trail. Not as technical as Poto but a great variety of terrain. Great water at the trail head parking.

For those interested in mountain biking, Island Lake offers 2 trails: Blue Trail at 9.5 miles and Yellow Trail at 5.6 miles. Both trails difficulties are about the same, they are moderate and not too difficult. My wife has just started mountain biking and the two of us did the Blue one in 1 hour and 25 minutes. I then did the Yellow one in 45 minutes. There are only a few difficult parts. The trail is simply gorgeous, going though wooded areas with many waterways. You can see one of the lakes from one part. There are pit toilets at the entrance to the trails. The only negative about both trails are that not all turns have signs. They are actually somewhat confusing in a couple of areas where you have to travel on the park road and then get back on the trail. I highly recommend having the Alltrails app on your iPhone. I used it a couple of times to get back on the trail.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

We took the blue path for a 10 mile hike, Great stops and good scenery BUT bikes go the same direction as hikers and the path is best suited for biking.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

I love this beginner level trail, you can fast and its where I bring all my first timers. The 13 mile road route is fantastic and is easy to connect to Kensington.