Bird Hills Trail

Bird Hills Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ann Arbor, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail with a bit of elevation change - hard to come by in this part of the state. You can hear the freeway from parts of the trail so minus one for that. The extended path across the river is beautiful.

There are very nice views of the fall color of Bird Hills from the Barton Nature area trails. The Barton Nature part of my track also includes an out-and-back along the river - it offers occasional, very nice, views right on the water, but it is about 500" each way of very narrow trail, almost just a deer track. Along the way there is a party clearing around a large tree with some stella. I'll probably stick to the primary paths next time.
Kuebler is very pretty and warrants more than just the cruise through I gave it - would be worth it to loop back on other paths and wind through the whole area.
Bird Hills is beautiful. It was fairly busy. The trails are nice, although there are lots of intersections with no guidance on where each path goes (but it would be hard to actually get lost here). Has a nice amount of up and down as well, with occasional glimpses of the river from some paths.

Great short hike. Trails are a bit confusing so make sure to have a map!

Nice set of trails! Only down side is that you can hear the freeway for some sections of the trail.

Best hike I've been on in Michigan so far

A nice nice walk in the woods with lots of shade for bright sunny days but not very well marked at the various intersections. We took the continuation over to Barton Hills recreation area. The way to get there is across the street and picking up the trail on the other side of the parking lot. Not clear at all. Trails were all dry. Lots of road noise from 14 although I could still hear the birds.

Lots of ups, downs and turns. I really enjoyed it. We brought our dog with us. Recommend it!

The hike was nice and invigorating.
It was a little early in the spring season to see a lot of greenery- but the path options were endless.
I was in good company and It was a nice workout.
I wasnt particularly fond of being so close to the road or Hiway that you could hear cars passing nor did I like crossing the road to connect the multiple trails. I would rank it a 5/10. Scenery wasn't much.
However, It was nice to get some fresh air!

This was a great trail over all a nice mix of uphill and downhill.

Good trail. Just get boots for rainy days.

Friday, January 06, 2017

very hill like with lots of tree's , lots of different options to travel on, solid trail.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Very nice moderate hike through mature hardwoods.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I love it! Took my dog and he loves it! Make sure you pick up after your pets! Beautiful during October. This trail will get you to break a tiny sweat.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It's pretty serene. Definitely not a regular trail. Closer to me yet feels like a dense forest.

Friday, August 05, 2016

The first trail I went down was unimpressive. I did end up finding some pretty views. The trails definitely make you work up a sweat. They aren't very well maintained so wear good shoes and bring plenty of water. Quiet and away from the noise of Ann Arbor, I really like this trail

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Great area to collect edible mushrooms! Morels, pheasant back, and more!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Great park with many options for various loops with good elevation. Some road noise along the Southern side, but quickly dissipates as you get deeper into the woods.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Gorgeous. Great trail for veering off the trail. One of my favorite places.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015