Atwater Loop Trail

Atwater Loop Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kalamazoo, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Al Sabo Preserve is an area of northeastern Texas Township, in southwestern Kalamazoo County, Michigan. It comprises 741 acres of marsh, forest, streams, and rolling hills. Numerous trails provide recreational opportunities throughout the Preserve.

Fantastic hike with lots of trails for hiking and biking. Short trails in meadows and long ones in pine forests. Beautiful.

Got in a wonderful ten mile hike with a good friend :-) Beautiful place!!!

Fun hike with some nice look outs. Take you're hammock and relax in the woods.

So many great lookout places and several trail heads to experience a new home every time!

I love going out to Al Sabo, it is actually the first place I started going to for hiking. I was taken back by the sheer beauty of the place, natural untouched. Everytime I go it feels like I'm on a different trail. great place to take your dogs- they'll have a blast!!

Trail markings hard to follow the first time, but great outdoor landscape to explore.

Beautiful network of trails. Several views overlooking lakes. Moderate terrain. Great for dogs. Just be careful. I would download a GPS map to mark your progress. I took a wrong turn and ended up on a different trail that took me a couple miles out of my intended way.