Asylum Lake Trail

Asylum Lake Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kalamazoo, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Former site of the Kalamazoo mental hospital. Now WMU has turned this area into a wild life preserve. This boasts a very large lake, trails, and loads of wildlife.

We followed the trail all the way through. It was mucky and led to a major road. There was fencing around us for most of the trail. I would not recommend this trail.

Came from out-of-town and walked this in the Fall ~ was just okay. Lots of dog-walkers, and just average sightseeing. Easy trail to walk. Would use this all the time, though, if I had a furry-friend and they could swim in the lake!

Nice trail close to home. It can be quite busy at weekends. People don't always keep their dogs on a leash and - especially in winter - don't pick up after them! The walk around the lake is lovely and peaceful. Lots of bird life to see.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

beautiful stream with bridge, great for a picnic.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Friday, July 08, 2016

My boyfriend and I go here all the time with our fur children. I don't know who enjoys it more: us or the dogs.