Al Quaal Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ishpeming, Michigan and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.0 miles Elevation Gain: 538 feet Route Type: Loop

Steep climbs and downhills with scenic overlook of teal lake

Nice and hilly!

Tue Apr 23 2019

Sun Feb 03 2019

Beautiful, challenging, trails not well marked but loved it!! Dogs had a blast! Great time with my daughters!! Everyone we met were really friendly!! Great day!

Sat Feb 02 2019

I really enjoyed it. Snow makes it a bit more difficult, especially with all the hills... but that’s ok... I welcome the ‘workout’. Looking forward to trying it out in summer & fall. Love that I can take my dog... She enjoyed it, too. Did not come across very many people... just a few skiers here & there.

Sun Jul 29 2018

Nice trail once I found the hiking trail. Started on the Teal Lake ski trail, which is not very scenic for summer hiking. Found my way down to the Al Quaal loop along the water, a single track foot trail and it was much better. On the north side of the lake you have a good climb and some elevated views.

Mon May 21 2018

Lots of different trails in this rec area to hike and they are well marked. We hiked deer lake (5 miles) it was beautiful. Lots of ups and downs. I would rate it difficult. We were surprised and excited to see wolf tracks along the way.

Mon Feb 12 2018

Loved it

Tue Oct 24 2017

Loved this trail. Lots of off trail scenery i discovered. Quiet muddy. Lots of up and downs. Trail stopped at a point where there was a building and a nice view of lake, had to figure my own way back to lot. Kind of confusing trail but I would go again.

Tue Jul 26 2016

Great trail. Beautiful lake views. Well tended. Walked the trail for almost two hours and didn't see another person. Plenty of hills and challenging sections.

Wed May 11 2016

definitely a challenging run. lots of ups and downs. a bit muddy but a very scenic run.

recorded Al Quaal Trail