Al Quaal Trail

Al Quaal Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ishpeming, Michigan. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Steep climbs and downhills with scenic overlook of teal lake

Nice trail once I found the hiking trail. Started on the Teal Lake ski trail, which is not very scenic for summer hiking. Found my way down to the Al Quaal loop along the water, a single track foot trail and it was much better. On the north side of the lake you have a good climb and some elevated views.

Lots of different trails in this rec area to hike and they are well marked. We hiked deer lake (5 miles) it was beautiful. Lots of ups and downs. I would rate it difficult. We were surprised and excited to see wolf tracks along the way.

Loved it

Loved this trail. Lots of off trail scenery i discovered. Quiet muddy. Lots of up and downs. Trail stopped at a point where there was a building and a nice view of lake, had to figure my own way back to lot. Kind of confusing trail but I would go again.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Great trail. Beautiful lake views. Well tended. Walked the trail for almost two hours and didn't see another person. Plenty of hills and challenging sections.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

definitely a challenging run. lots of ups and downs. a bit muddy but a very scenic run.

Sunday, September 20, 2015