Wrentham State Forest

Wrentham State Forest is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wrentham, Massachusetts. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good Hike today.

Nice, easy hike, but there were a lot of intersections and crossing trails and the route shown was not well marked. Glad I had my GPS!

Poorly marked trails with loose rocks make for an interesting adventure. Definitely got lost for a bit. The first time I ventured through the woods was on the trails closest to the parking area. Trails are not well maintained, many trees have fallen and brush block the way of several paths. The second time I hiked the woods I figured i should try the other side. I crossed Tauton Street and ventured through the paths. Heavily trafficked by dirt bikes and or quads. A few interesting rock formations.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

the trails are decent but there are tons of loose rocks on them in many places. there were tons of dirt bikes around.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

These trails are ok. I went around the perimeter of the park on the yellow and white trails, across Taunton street from the parking area. I wasn't using this app yet so ended up getting a little lost and was out for longer than I'd expected. It was fun being lost but I ended up running a lot too just to make it back in time! Trails aren't spectacular and seem to be used mainly by dirt bikers. I didn't see another hiker in the 4 hours I was there. I used mainly the yellow marked trail and thought it was nicer forest on the west side of the loop closer to Taunton St.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Recently did a 5.5 mile hike around the perimeter of the forest across from the parking area with my dog. I found a few interesting spots to hang around for a few moments and explore. Some decent views, one spot you could see Gillette Stadium way off in the distance. Overall, really enjoyed hiking this area. Was a moderate hike that took about three hours to finish.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I enjoy this forest much more with the AllTrails app. Trails are primarily used by dirt bikers and are not well marked. Very easy to get lost if you head into the woods on the side where the parking is. If you cross Taunton Street you can create a decent hike. I live locally so have explored it a bit - nothing absolutely spectacular, but a good local hiking spot. If you don't have this app, be prepared to get lost.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Great trails for ATVs... Not so great for hiking.

Sunday, November 06, 2016