Whitehall Reservoir

Whitehall Reservoir is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hopkinton, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Great day hiking with 14 Chinese ladies together,total 3 hours, more than 8 miles walk

Nice hike with pretty views of the water. At one point the trail dropped off and I couldn't find where it picked back up so I just turned back around. Went on a Tuesday evening there were very few people.

Very long trail. But views and trail itself are great. We started around 2.30 and were done by 7. We made short stops on the way.

That was a great hike Saturday... started at 1 PM and got through about 5:45 PM... I'm not blaming mosquitoes on the location (we should have used the bug spray).... I don't think my friend could do the full trail again.. she stated she would go for an hour in and then hour back next time.. perfect day and nice hike to burn

Definitely plan on an 8.5+ hike.

Nice hike around a lake, Trails are quite easy and if stay in yellow trail you can't get lost. Decent shade on a hot day. Would give 5 stars if mosquitos weren't so bad . Will come back when a little cooler and bugs are gone

Great run although the mileage was closer to 8 miles. Probably due to some sections being poorly marked. Beautiful views of lake throughout.

This trail is amazing!!! Beautiful views of the water and easy and clear trails. Every once in a while you walk by an opening into the water and get to see your progress around the reservoir. Absolutely amazing and I recommend it 100%

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

This trail is so nice, you sometimes walk almost on the lake ;) even though parts of it are very close to some houses it is really a pleasant hike! We did the loop and enjoyed it a lot.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

I'm giving this trail 2 stars probably more out of my own personal feelings about why I hike to begin with. I like to get on a trail and leave society behind for a few hours. This trail is nice and well kept (except for blazes, which I'll get to in a minute), but it's too close to roads and houses to ever truly get in the woods. Part of the trail follows a road, while other parts literally have you walking behind homes. It's not what I like, so maybe that's just me. The trail is poorly blazed. I actually got lost a few times and ended up in neighborhoods. There's an area that you will exit the woods to a pump house and from there you're on your own to find where the trail picks up. In all it was a good walk, a decent workout but not my type of place.

Friday, July 15, 2016

it was a nice trail, easy-moderate though sometimes the markings were poor and wound up walking through someone's backyard until we realized we went off the trail somehow. you do actually walk behind someone's house at the beginning though which made it confusing.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Lots of fun. Definitely needed a ton of bug repellent. Lots of great spots to sit for lunch/breaks.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Trail markings on first third ok get better

Monday, April 18, 2016

Really peaceful and quiet. I loved it!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

trail is pretty easy to follow but not very well marked. there aren't any big boats on the lake and not many houses around the shore either. very peaceful hike! I have also gone kayaking here a few times. really nice islands and channels in the back of the lake.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Awesome hike. Will be back!! ❤️

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Pretty location, peaceful trail. Single track and lots of rocks and roots, so slow going for a trail run. Blue blaze all around - only 2 spots not well marked, but if you start going away from the water, you know you're wrong.

Monday, December 07, 2015

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures.

Monday, December 07, 2015

Thank you for sharing the wonderfully beautiful pictures. I really enjoyed soooo much, I felt as though I was there.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Nice loop. Very clean trail, lots of roots so watch out for those. There were a couple parts that we didn't see blue blazes and we were wondering if we were still on the right path, but overall it was clearly marked. Parking seems tough if you get there too late on a nice day. The parking near the boat launch was full so we went down to the exchange st one. It seems like you could probably only get about 3 or 4 cars down there, but it worked out