Whitehall Reservoir

Whitehall Reservoir is a 6.7 mile loop trail located near Hopkinton, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, fishing, horses, and canoeing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

This trail is amazing!!! Beautiful views of the water and easy and clear trails. Every once in a while you walk by an opening into the water and get to see your progress around the reservoir. Absolutely amazing and I recommend it 100%

This trail is so nice, you sometimes walk almost on the lake ;) even though parts of it are very close to some houses it is really a pleasant hike! We did the loop and enjoyed it a lot.

I'm giving this trail 2 stars probably more out of my own personal feelings about why I hike to begin with. I like to get on a trail and leave society behind for a few hours. This trail is nice and well kept (except for blazes, which I'll get to in a minute), but it's too close to roads and houses to ever truly get in the woods. Part of the trail follows a road, while other parts literally have you walking behind homes. It's not what I like, so maybe that's just me. The trail is poorly blazed. I actually got lost a few times and ended up in neighborhoods. There's an area that you will exit the woods to a pump house and from there you're on your own to find where the trail picks up. In all it was a good walk, a decent workout but not my type of place.

it was a nice trail, easy-moderate though sometimes the markings were poor and wound up walking through someone's backyard until we realized we went off the trail somehow. you do actually walk behind someone's house at the beginning though which made it confusing.

Lots of fun. Definitely needed a ton of bug repellent. Lots of great spots to sit for lunch/breaks.

Trail markings on first third ok get better

Really peaceful and quiet. I loved it!

trail is pretty easy to follow but not very well marked. there aren't any big boats on the lake and not many houses around the shore either. very peaceful hike! I have also gone kayaking here a few times. really nice islands and channels in the back of the lake.

Awesome hike. Will be back!! ❤️