Vietnam Milford Trail

Vietnam Milford Trail is a 9.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hopkinton, Massachusetts that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Great place to get lost. Make sure you bring a GPS.

This was a wonderful hike/walk in the ice and snow. but I would not call it hard or sometimes even moderate. It might be listed that for its length but not the terrain.

To reiterate some previous reviewers' comments, I definitely recommend taking a GPS because the trail wasn't consistently marked and there were many confusing intersections. I used the AllTrails app and my iPhone for a map and GPS. This would've worked fine to help guide my hike except that it was about 30 degrees and lithium-ion batteries don't like cold; my iPhone shut off as I was trying to make my way through the maze of this very poorly marked trail. I could've printed the map but I don't think it would've been helpful due to the missing trail markings and miscellaneous intersections. Additionally, I was hiking as the winter thaw was re-freezing which meant that the trail was exceptionally wet and icy.

I may re-do this hike in the spring/summer, or pass on it because there are so many other better-marked trails with more challenging terrain and nicer views.

Very scenic and great hiking terrain. Toughest part was that I was looking at my GPS constantly. I would not even attempt this hike without one. Lots of mountain biking here and sub trails everywhere. The only other challenge I had is that there was very few watering opportunities for my dog. I will definitely be back but this is not one of my top picks for the reasons above.

Nice run and the trails were mostly nice and wide and well maintained. Very muddy day out there and the mosquitos were a problem when I slowed down. Only gave 3 stars because the map I downloaded had trail names, but these weren't used on the trail and there were no maps telling you what trails the blaze colors corresponded to. I had wanted to do a much larger loop, but got turned around and confused a couple of times. There are so many unmarked off-shoot trails that it is difficult to know where you are. This is an easy place to get lost if you don't know exactly where you are going. Bring a GPS and make sure you know your way back

Sunday, April 30, 2017

I'm guessing the"hard" part is for mountain biking. It certainly looks strenuous on the bike as well as the body. For hiking I'd say it's more moderate but a great workout nonetheless. I will be here frequently!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Great find after hiking the Upper Charles RailTrail in Milford. Found remnants of old quarry buildings, probably, wish we knew what the wide stone stairway just off the railtrail was.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Love this space. This is my home hiking favorite.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Plenty of space to explore, nice easy walkable trails with tons of options. Easy to get turned around, so having a phone is helpful

Sunday, July 24, 2016

I am so glad I brought my phone because I would have gotten lost. So many trails to explore with such varied terrain. Great singletrack and lots of neat features to play on.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

buggy, but a nice trail.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A great variety of trails to bike that will challenge anyone, after many years of biking here I still manage to get lost and find new trails in this area. Always feels like a great adventure.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

long rocky trail with lots of hills. wasn't very scenic but was very quiet and great exercise.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Great trails. Very well marked. Feels like you are completely separated from civilization. Great parking at the trail head.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

great variety of trails for everyone in one area. take your time the first time there and rude all the trails to get acquainted with terrain. also very helpful bike shop close by that is very friendly and helpful.

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Great mountain biking and hiking trails! Only downside is there are so many and we got lost. Next time I'll bring GPS or a map!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

These are very good trail but not for beginners. Big jumps, drops and step ups you can get hurt on. Bring some extra tubes because if it's your first time on rocky trails you will pop a tube.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Great trail to go on but not a trail for beginners. Lotts of different side trails Don't get lost. Rocks and steep hills.

Friday, October 07, 2011

I LOVE these trails!
If you're a mountain biker you'll love the technical features.
There are trees, logs LOTS of rocks, and if you go further in, to the "old part" there are drop offs that are 6 feet.
Unless you are from Colorado, you will find these trails amazing.