The Wapack Trail

The Wapack Trail is a 17.4 mile out and back trail located near Ashburnham, Massachusetts. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

I’m not sure if we went the wrong way but we found this to be mainly flat and were looking forward to elevation; it was steep at the beginning but flattened out and lead to a road with house on it ; didn’t feel like a hike to me: the signs went very clear of where to go either !

only went to the temple mountain lookout, but a great view and solid trail.

Too many dogs not on their leash. I don’t mind dogs, just not in my space while I’m hiking.

pretty easy, nice view at the top

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Started at rt 119 in Ashby, MA and continued over watatic mountain, pratt mountain, new ipswich mountain, barrett mountain, conant hill and then burton peak.
Took me two full days at a slow to moderate pace with a fully loaded back and my dog. Got lost once but was able to navigate out with a compass and map. It was very nice and peaceful, seen some deer, some beavers, salamanders and even a brown bear

Monday, July 13, 2015

Be warned, this will take a lot longer than you think! Yes, it's 21.4 miles so it's going to be long. However, with the constant change in terrain and elevation, the speed of your hike will be very slow, and at times, very in enjoyable. With all that said, there are some very great scenic spots along this long trail. Not something I would do all the time, but I would probably do it again next year.

Saturday, September 07, 2013

My daughter and hiked a portion of this trail while on vacation. We really enjoyed the hike. Overcast day so views were not fantastic. Great exercise and very enjoyable hike. Would love to return when leaves are turning.

Sunday, May 05, 2013

Came up the dirt road trail from the nh side. Was a good long steep trail to walk up. Came to the top to c a great view then walked over to the further out hump at the top to c a even better view! Great place to hike with friends for a good 360 view!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

me and the wife hiked the 3mile loop. i found the climb to be within reason, the view was great, 3 peaks in the loop. all in all it was a pretty good day. just fyi, i went on a saterday and there was alot of people.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017