The Cascades Trail

The Cascades Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Adams, Massachusetts that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a lovely trail with plenty to see and just challenging enough to feel it's more than a stroll. But not overly challenging. There is one place where the trail looks like you have to either jump rocks in the river or go high up on a river bank to continue on. Unfortunately it had been raining quite a lot, and I tripped on a branch and fell, so I didn't feel confident enough to do either. So we turned back and missed the waterfall. Hoping to come back again and give it another try.

I live in this neighborhood and love the trail! Quiet, easy hike - tbh the woods are prettier than the falls but maybe I'm just used to them.

A nice short hike. Never super busy (no parking). I tend to go there and take a book with me to relax at the waterfall. The water is really cold but try wading over to the base of the falls. There are some rocks on the side to sit on. My dog loves splashing around and playing fetch. Very easy trail.

Nice waterfall. Easy short walk next to the river.

Very beautiful for such a short walk out of town! Was a little hard to find as it is on the end of a street in a neighborhood but after that everything was great

Great

Nice open trail with a beautiful waterfall . it's 1.6 round trip, not point to point, so an easy hike for anyone to try.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

This is a nice little trail, it's marked wrong on this site, it starts at the end of Marion Avenue, there is barely a parking area and starts basically in someone's back yard, either way if you find it its a beautiful easy out and back trail along the water and the waterfall at the end was gorgeous, saw lots of dogs, I'm not from the area but I bet it's a pretty active swimming hole in the summer time for locals

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We loved this trail! It was perfect a perfect hike on a hot summer day. We hiked in (about 40 minutes with young children) and then spent almost 3 hours climbing the rocks and playing at the base of the waterfall.