The Cascades Trail

The Cascades Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Adams, Massachusetts that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

everything I want in a hike as a 50 something semi-in-shape nature lover: babbling water, well marked but unpaved trail, beautiful scenery and doesn't take the whole day to complete. uphill, with rocks and roots but manageable for me. challenging but enjoyable and beautiful.

One of our families favorites!

Super Awesome

Beautiful falls.

Nice short hike...the cascade was beautiful.

Easy going, fairly steep slopes next to trail. Be cautious of loose stones, fairly tight when dry.

Parking is very limited at the end of Marion Ave with only several available spots. It is also located next to a private driveway so I highly recommend parking further down the street near the medium and walking to the entrance. Most of the hike to the waterfall is relatively easy, short and mostly flat. However, it gets more challenging at the very end with mud (after it rains), slippery rocks and a few steep hills. I would highly recommend wearing hiking boots (and bringing your camera) for this portion of the trail. The waterfall was beautiful, very photogenic and flowing nicely after all the recent rainfall. I liked that it wasn’t busy and is more of a hidden gem than other waterfalls in the area.

Easy hike. A little muddy and slippery today, but totally worth it!

This is a lovely trail with plenty to see and just challenging enough to feel it's more than a stroll. But not overly challenging. There is one place where the trail looks like you have to either jump rocks in the river or go high up on a river bank to continue on. Unfortunately it had been raining quite a lot, and I tripped on a branch and fell, so I didn't feel confident enough to do either. So we turned back and missed the waterfall. Hoping to come back again and give it another try.

I live in this neighborhood and love the trail! Quiet, easy hike - tbh the woods are prettier than the falls but maybe I'm just used to them.

A nice short hike. Never super busy (no parking). I tend to go there and take a book with me to relax at the waterfall. The water is really cold but try wading over to the base of the falls. There are some rocks on the side to sit on. My dog loves splashing around and playing fetch. Very easy trail.

Nice waterfall. Easy short walk next to the river.

Very beautiful for such a short walk out of town! Was a little hard to find as it is on the end of a street in a neighborhood but after that everything was great