Taconic Skyline Trail

Taconic Skyline Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pittsfield, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

I was not impressed with the trail; there were zero views (though in the fall I suspect that the view may be better). Based on the overgrown in some areas; I can tell the trail is rarely used. Also, print out a map from the Pittsfield State Forest or you could potentially get lost ... the AllTrails map is NOT enough (I almost took a very "get lost" turn on the return "trail" (more on that below)

PS: This is not the Taconic Skyline Trail ... it's the Taconic Crest Trail TO the pond ... and then the Taconic Skyline Trail back (which is a jeep / mountain bike / snowmobile trail). This is where you need the non-AllTrails map.

The entrance to this trail is close to the end of the rest area parking drive.

We had some trouble finding the beginning of the trail. When you arrive at this location, it is a rest area, but there is not much signage about the trail. Unfortunately we went up the jeep trail/fire road to the right for sometime before realizing that we were not on the right path.

Once we got on the path, the trail was well-kept and it was a nice hike. It would definitely do it again.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016