Stow Town Forest

Stow Town Forest is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stow, Massachusetts that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November.

From 495: Take exit 27 and go East on 117 towards Stow and Maynard. Go 5.6 miles and take a right onto Bradley Ln (directly across from Deerfield Ln that is on your left). If you have reached a shopping plaza with a Shaws in it, you have gone too far. Take Bradley Ln until it ends in a parking area.

Went here on my fat bike and had a lot of fun. The trails are wide with just enough hills and curves to make things interesting. If you're on a bike, avoid the hill roughly in the center of the woods because it's extremely rocky. Bug spray is recommended due to the surrounding bogs and creeks. If you're a trail biker in Massachusetts this is the place to be. You'll enjoy these trails if you're a hiker as well.

We love bringing our off leash dog here for a good walk!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

I live just behind the woods and run it at least twice a week. If you stick to the outer loop it could be as long as about 3.5 miles. Good enough to keep me fit. Trails are well maintained, fallen trees are removed fairly in time. In my active hours which is late afternoon, normally there are not a lot of people, sometime I even feel I am alone.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I live in Stow and this is my favorite mountain biking trail. It's relatively flat and wide, but there are several single tracks throughout. I typically start on the Blue trail and explore. Gardner Hill is a pretty difficult climb and there are a few sections with some tight turns on the south side near the Assabet River. I've been there about a dozen times and I don't think I've seen all the connecting trails yet. This is a fun one to explore. I've seen some great wildlife out here as well. Snakes, foxes, owls and deer. I've also hiked this with my 2 older daughters and it was really enjoyable...pretty kid friendly, but bring bug spray in the summer.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Had a blast mountain biking and would definitely recommend. The only problem is that the trails aren't very clearly marked, so you will have to do some looking around to make sure you are on the right trail.

Thursday, May 19, 2016