Stodders Neck is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Weymouth, Massachusetts that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and bird watching. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 3 feet Route Type: Loop

So great for the pup!

Thu May 09 2019

A wonderful rare place for dogs off leash please don't go if that disturbs you.

Sat May 04 2019

Great place to take your friendly pup. Most dogs are off leash, so if you’re not a dog lover or your dog isn’t a dog lover-Best to stay away. It’s not that big but it has hills, trees and the ocean. Perfect place imo!

Fri Jun 15 2018

I'm pretty sure Stodder's Neck is not officially an off leash dog park, there's a sign at the front of the park that says dogs should be leashed, but this isn't enforced at all. It is 100% an off leash dog park in practice. Expect to encounter a large number of off leash dogs here on weekends. The parking lot is often overflowing on days with good weather. I come here daily with my dog and the majority of the time it's a pleasant experience for both of us. There are ample opportunities for swimming, running, playing fetch and socializing with other dogs and their people. A water fountain for both dogs and people is available at the front. There's a stand with bags for dog waste and numerous trash cans throughout the park. Overall, the park is very clean considering the number of dogs who visit every day. Be aware that there are a few bad apples who bring their aggressive dogs here and don't seem to care about the danger they're putting other people and dogs in. You'll find numerous reports of this via google reviews. My dog has been nearly attacked by the same aggressive dog twice (a light colored greyhound) and the owner of this dog takes absolutely no responsibility for their pet - let it right off the leash even as it was aggressively barking and trying to chase after my dog. It ran after us out of the park and into the parking lot while its female owner did nothing but give a few completely ineffective 'come' commands from a distance. These interactions could've been much worse if my dog was also off leash. I have seen bad behavior from other dogs as well. This park is not regulated like Bare Cove is - you don't need to have tags or registration to get in and no one is patrolling the park, which is precisely why it's so popular. Aggressive dogs need to STAY ON LEASH or stay home for the safety of all! This won't deter me from continuing to visit Stodder's neck, but I have a reasonably large dog who could hold her own should an aggressive dog attack her. Anyone who visits with their well behaved dog off-leash should be aware of the risk before entering.

Wed May 30 2018

um. This is considered a dog park. the best dog park in the Boston area. That said, it's a great 1 one mile walk. it is also right above bare cove park. the difference between the 2 parks is that dogs are allowed off lease at Stoddards. this was not the case in the 8o's when I preferred Bare Cove. simply for its size.think of Stoddard's neck as a small worlds end, with lots of dogs.

Fri Jun 16 2017

Very crowded with dogs running around off leash and jumping on walkers. Dog owners act like they own the place with no consideration for others.

Tue Mar 21 2017

this is my go to place for my four legged babies. I feel safe here when I do let them wander away off leash. it's more like a dog's trail.

1 hour ago