Southern New England Trunkline Trail

Southern New England Trunkline Trail is a 22.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Franklin, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 22.9 miles Elevation Gain: 774 feet Route Type: Point to Point

I love doing SNETT with my pup but you have to be ready for mud & bugs. As long as you are prepared it’s a great walk.

This trail from Franklin to Blackstone is only partially maintained starting about 2 miles out for about 2 miles. Then overgrown in areas as you get into Blackstone and "whoop" hills for dirt bikes which are actually kind of fun on a mountain bike. Rough areas and muddy sections not for the little ones. Glad I did it before taking wife and grandkids.

I have completed the majority of this trail in sections from Franklin to the Douglas/Connecticut line. In May I plan on completing the entire trail in one day. If anyone wants to join me, please let me know. binerman@yahoo.com

Great relaxing walk for the whole family. Not very scenic, but still fun. Lots of rocks and hills!

It is not 22 miles and does not go to Connecticut like the map shows. The Snett overlaps into the Blackstone bike path. About 7 miles in you you hit roads then the bike path which is also pathed. A little over three miles out from franklin state forest you hit single track which is not maintained and it’s flat except for the whoop section due to dirt bikes and natural erosion. If you do an out and back connecting the existing SNETT with the Blackstone bike path you can accumulate 22ish miles.

Fail trail for biking From Franklin 3.5 miles in path was only good for hiking where we were Met with a dump site awful. Turned around

Saturday, June 23, 2018

I started in Franklin and went out and back just a couple miles. Path was nice (some crushed gravel, roots, leaves and then I hit pavement at the very end of my route). Couple of areas that split off and I was a bit confused which path to take but only made one mistake. Small knats didn’t bother me but could have done without the horse flies that bit me. Ouch!

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Easy, straight trail. A little boring, but still a decent gravel trail.

Sunday, November 05, 2017

Excellent find

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Perfect, easy trail for running, cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.

Friday, August 14, 2015

What seemed to be a pretty good trail from the site, turned out to be a huge disappointment. The bugs were awful! The trail felt like you were in someone's backyard the entire time. We made it a mile in and then back due to the bugs. Wouldn't go back without a full body suit.

Friday, June 05, 2015

Lots of offshoots I think in the Franklin State Park. I didn't see any people except on the main trail. I'm from NY and looked for something quick while my husband was in work meetings. I would definitely come back and explore more.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The hiking portion of the trail is really short. The rest of the trail is for motorized vehicles so we kept having to stand to the side while dirt bikes drove by. Would have been a nice hike without dealing with that.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Some information for trail entrances, parking, directions, and conditions: http://www.bellinghamma.org/pages/BellinghamMA_SNETT/Trail%20Entrances%20and%20Parking.pdf