South Sugarloaf Trail

South Sugarloaf Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near South Deerfield, Massachusetts that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mt. Sugarloaf offers a commanding view of the Connecticut River, the Pioneer Valley, and the Pelham and Berkshire Hills. The Reservation offers picnicking, scenic viewing and hiking. An auto road winds to the summit. Available on the summit is a pavilion for scenic viewing and picnicking.

Amazing view of the Connecticut River from the summit!

Great! Took my five year old and one year old. It was tough at times, but we managed to go down and back up the blue trail.

fun, short hike. good views from the top. we climbed the steeper part and went down the longer, gentler one. it's only a 15-20 minute strenuous hike up to the top. there are also different branches in the trail you could avail to get to the summit.the fun part is that you could, after visiting the south, continue to the north sugarloaf mountain!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I love the convenience of having a descent hill in my area, I'll run from my house to the base of mt. Sugarloaf and can be up and back in less than an hour on a slow day. completely shaded until you get to the top, making it great for my dog and myself on a sunny day. awesome sunrise/sunset views, allows you to see great views of Deerfield, Sunderland, and Amherst. water is also available at the top as long as you are going during "open" hours, but if you are an early riser or late owl I would suggest bringing your own if you or your dog wants water during the trip.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Short hike with really beautiful view. Peaceful. Loved it.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

Quick hike with a gorgeous view of the Connecticut River.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016