Robert Frost Trail (Mt. Holyoke Range State Park)

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(70)
Mount Holyoke Range State Park

Robert Frost Trail (Mt. Holyoke Range State Park) is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hadley, Massachusetts that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 961 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This trail reference only refers to the section from the Notch Visitor Center to Harris Mountain Rd. A nice hike through the woods with moderate, varying terrain. Following this trail to rejoin the M&M will bypass the rocky climb to Mt. Norwottuck. It rejoins the M&M on its path to the Harris Mountain Road. Worth a side trip though to the Horse Caves by following straight down white blazes instead of to the left up the trail toward Rattlesnake Knob. There is some difficult terrain with some steep ascents/descents past Rattlesnake Knob. The starting elevation is 500', Rattlesnake Knob is at 920' but you will end up at 385' with many inclines/declines along the way.

We had a great hike the other day. It was a bit icy because it had rained the other day and it was cold. It would have been easier if we had our grippers, but as long as we went slowly it was ok. Max, my fur kiddo had a blast w his cousin Teddy!! It was a little tough because some parts were pretty steep, but we made it to the top!! Happy hiking!!

Sat Jun 01 2019

lots of fun

Wed May 08 2019

I wish I discovered this area years ago! Great area, quick or extended hikes.

Sat Dec 15 2018

Did more than loop. Challenging following markers and elevation landed up being more than I thought.

Mon Nov 14 2016

This Was a great hike with well marked trails.

Wed Oct 15 2014

This is usually my return journey from the Horse Caves - I take the much steeper M&M trail (white) up to Mt. Norwottuck and then continue on through the Caves for an easy return journey. Some may find it boring, but I think the RFT in general is awesome.

Sun Aug 04 2013

It was fun for the whole family