Race Brook Falls and Mount Everett

Race Brook Falls and Mount Everett is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sheffield, Massachusetts that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October.

One of my favourite hikes in the area, best in Spring when the water flows strong.

Great snow shoe trail. Well marked, not busy, beautiful waterfalls and views. Awesome hike

cool

I hiked this in July, so the falls weren't really the goal. The ascent to the AT is tough, but the last mile to the peak of Mt. Everett is the real calf-buster. For those who have the time, or those who want an easier and much more rewarding view, go south on the AT to Mt. Race. It's only about 35min to the summit, and 360-degree views. You can see Mt. Greylock on a clear day.

a liitle slick on the way down from Everett on the A.T. but the falls were running!

Let me preface by saying I have been hiking for a few months and went with a more experienced hiker - this was a bust for us. Parking was easy, we started the trail fine, but it was poorly marked and we were quickly lost again and again. We kept finding ourselves following the brook which is along the trail for a bit but it diverts without clear direction. The falls were dried when we went but there were markers leading up to them, and then again, no clear marker as to which way after. We eventually summitted the actual falls (don't do this!) and then went back to the car and headed to Bash Bish for a more clearly marked adventure. The brook and moss were pretty but we spent two hours meandering about, really.

Good trail, but no real clear views from the summit. The falls were also dry, so I'll go back.

Nice and challenging trail with some interesting points along the way. The view from the top is blocked by vegetation in most directions which is disappointing after a trail of this difficulty but I still enjoyed myself.

Hiked south from parking area at the end of the Mt. Everett Road to Mt. Everett peak and then on to Mt. Race peak on the Appalachian Trail. Trail mostly easy on rock slabs with a section of moderate incline on the way up and down the south side of Everett. Much enjoyed lunch on Race with 360 degree views. Excellent 4-5 mile, 4 hour hike including return.

Hiked to upper falls but only a trickle of water.

Great hike if you're looking for a workout! However, this hike and the summit of mount Everett offer little to no views.

Difficult to follow blue markers but this app helped when we got lost. Strenuous and satisfying. Sometimes slippery.