Race Brook Falls and Mount Everett

Race Brook Falls and Mount Everett is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sheffield, Massachusetts that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I hiked this route yesterday morning starting at 7:30 am. The sun rising, and not another soul in the woods. The snow gives the forest a whole new look. I loved the trail!. The minimal snow depth made micro spikes a serious challenge when on a slope, and they made rock contact. I had several close calls. I can't wait for Spring so I can bring my wife!

Beautiful waterfalls!!! Stunning views from the Ridgeline!!!

Loved this hike,challenging but worth it.

Race Brook Falls is a steep and strenuous trail but it’s well worth it. You’ll find yourself taking detours to observe the water cascading down over the rocks.

Turned left at the AT to Mt Race. Beautiful view.

Great work out and great views!

Good trail, skipped the lower falls trail and went left to upper falls. Immediately, the incline begins and is a fairly challenging grade in a short(ish) distance. It's about two miles to the AT - not many views other than the waterfall. Hiked to Mt Everett (AT north) and to what use to be the location for the fire lookout. The tower is no longer there and the peak really doesn't allow for much viewing. If you continue north about another two mins, there's a nice rock ledge lookout that offers a nice view. If you're setting out in search of beautiful landscape views, this isn't the trail for that. But if you love waterfalls and a good climb, this was perfect.

Great hike, I would skip the lower falls trail as well. Challenging rock scrambles and summit had OK views.

I suggest taking the "upper falls route" to the AT because it has better markings on the trees. Well worth the hike, it was fabulous! My Garmin tracked 6.65 miles.

What a great Trail! Stayed the night

Next day did upper mountain hike. Much more difficult. Worth it. Beautiful falls. Next time AT & Mt Race.

First time here. Just had time for the lower falls trail, about 0.7mi out and back each way. Not steep. Nice falls at the end. I couldn't find any connecting loop as shown on the map. This short trail seems to end at the falls. Very nice hike. Looking forward to a return to do the upper mountain hike.

Well marked trail. Challenging but doable.

Spent 2 nights camping. Great scenery. Can't wait to go back. Views from Race Mountain were beautiful.

It was great. Although this is NOT a 6 mile round trip hike. From the trail head of Race Brook, the summit of My Everett by my Garmin was 5.0 miles, meaning a 10 mile round trip. The views at Mt. Race are much much much better. The race brook part is awesome. Everything you could want in a hike.

I like to think of how I can achieve a difficult trail by what I have to look forward to, on the way down. The hike up is fun and there are many opportunities to stop along the river trail up.. if you don't mind the wet rocks when stopping or corssing. On your way down be weary of the slipperiness.

I only hiked to the lower falls. It was approximately 0.7 mile/20 minutes each way with moderate trail difficulty. The hike to the lower falls can be challenging because it's mostly uphill, steep and rocky. However, you will get a good workout and the waterfall is worth it! I did go right after it rained so the water was flowing nicely. The rocks were a bit slippery, so be careful. There isn't a lot of parking there so I did have to park on a side street. I would recommend bringing buy spray, and of course a camera!

One of my favourite hikes in the area, best in Spring when the water flows strong.

Great snow shoe trail. Well marked, not busy, beautiful waterfalls and views. Awesome hike

cool