Province Lands Bike Trail

Province Lands Bike Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Provincetown, Massachusetts that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 318 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

paved

I am 54. We do a lot of weekend biking on the trails in our area. We were on vacation in Provincetown and couldn’t wait to do this bike path. We went from Herring cove beach to Race Point Beach. (It was very hot out). This rates it as easy!! But we disagree- for biking. It is very, very hilly!! Nicely paved. No bumps.

good views. can be steep at times

really beautiful views and like how you can go to Race Point Beach from it

Amazing! Well paved and very HILLY bike trail through the dunes and forests of the National Seashore. Not easy on a bike if you’re a beginner. Park at Race Point Beach and use the (cold) showers before heading into town for dinner / drinks and shopping.

Mon Oct 08 2018

Definitely not for a beginner. Beautiful views but some short steep hills. Watch for sand and leaves on the paved path. A bit like a rollercoaster ride for a bike!

Sun Aug 26 2018

I am at the race point beach early and decided to do a moderate hike. The officer at toll gate suggested me to take this trail. Although it's a bike trail, there was plenty of space to walk. I took detours to cape cod seashore visitor center and beech trail. The beech trail is a must go. I have never touched a lotus flower before. There were literally thousands of them on the trail. Simply beautiful and would definitely do it again.

Mon Jul 09 2018

Absolutely gorgeous views. Huge hills, definitely not for a beginner.

Mon Oct 23 2017

We loved it!

Wed Sep 20 2017

We did this today nice rolling hills and views of sand dune shrubs

Wed Sep 14 2016

This trail is no longer dog-friendly.

Thu May 12 2016

Awesome!

Sat Jul 26 2014

The trails at the shores were ok. Well kept and there many places to rent bikes. Our family also visited all the National Seashore beaches and visited a two light houses. I think it was more tailored to tourists than a place to get away. Driving to many places on the seashore we noticed a lot of businesses kind of run down? The reason I think no more than three stars is I was looking deeper into the enviroment. I noticed the destruction of many decades of deforesting that caused huge sand dunes caused by man. Bottom line over rated. Sorry, but this was what my daughter and I had viewed. In no means I believe this is a bad place. I think everyone should get over there and enjoy the outdoors.

Mon Jul 14 2014

I love the bike trails! You can rent bikes cheap in town and bike away to all the trails and stop at the beautiful beaches. The trail is somewhat easy considering I'm not a biker and I just do it for fun. There are areas of shade and make sure you bring a bottle of water! It's worth it! I def recommend this trail! You can also stop at the tourist info center in the middle of the trail to use the bathroom if that's the case!

Fri Oct 04 2013

Beautiful! I do not recommend it in the heat if you are hiking or biking. Pick your season. I have hiked it, biked it and rode horseback. Also did a lot of swimming in the warmer months. Cape Cod is a place of charm and beauty, quaint and busy, old and new.

Wed Dec 26 2012

Wonderful

Mon Mar 07 2011

The Cape is a mess to access in the summer time, but worth the effort. The seashore, towns, villages and shore scenery will almost instantl relax the driving stress out of you. You can enjoy both trails and beach walks. If your prudish, be careful at Truro. I believe it still has a clothing-optional area.

bike touring