Pratt Farm Conservation and Recreation Area Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(113)
Pratt Farm

Pratt Farm Conservation and Recreation Area Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Middleborough, Massachusetts that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and bird watching and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 111 feet Route Type: Loop

Great for dogs

Nice trial but horrible markings for the Loop got lost probably not going again they could Maintain the trail markings little better

I do this trail fairly often with my dog. It’s great for kids too. It’s fairly flat all the way through and there are some cool spots to stop and enjoy the views.

awesome place.. got to use the trail map or may get off track..

Nice place but the trails are not well marked. Be sure to have your phone/All Trails App with you.

A nice peaceful location to hike. Clearly more than 1.7 miles of trail, closer to 7 -8 miles with all the different trails off the loop. Very enjoyable, weather was cool, no bugs, great time.

Not well marked, but usually the main route is obvious and between that and the app I have little trouble navigating. Beautiful forest setting with some historical markers as well. I only saw a few people, but it started getting real busy as I was leaving at 11:30 on a nice fall Saturday morning.

With the humidity today was rather buggy even with bug spray. Nice wide trails, not clearly marked though so thank goodness for this app we went off route twice and got notified. Interesting to read the posted signs about the property.

I am a 75year old man. I walk Pratt Farm trails nearly every day with my Golden Doodle. We usually walk one and a half miles. We love this site; it’s peaceful and we occasionally meet other hikers,, most of whom are very friendly.

Mon May 06 2019

really nice trail that's easy to complete.

Tue Jan 08 2019

love all the different spots to see and the little waterfalls you can come across.

Wed Oct 24 2018

nice trail but not clearly marked. A few times we came out to behind someone's house and had to turn around. We also ended up on the complete opposite of the actual pratt farm area. Do not follow the path that goes with the power lines it leads you out of pratt farm.

Mon Oct 22 2018

Truly awesome! Great for hiking and mountain biking. Can't wait to go back!

Thu Aug 23 2018

Pratt farm is an absolute hidden gem. Many trails off the beaten path and the woods are beautiful. I can’t wait to make this a weekly hike.

Sun Apr 15 2018

I would give this trail more stars if it was marked. Now that I know the ways to go, I will definitely do it again though.

Sun Oct 01 2017

Great easy walk tons of different paths to explore

Sun Sep 17 2017

Nice place for a small hike!

Sun Sep 03 2017

Less than a mile from where I am living, Pratt Farm has become a refuge of health for me. There are certainly more difficult trails deep into the Farm than many have mentioned, and it did take me some time to learn all the intricacies of the property, but I love it here and, being a diabetic, as I say, I need the exercise for my health and it can be as hard or as easy a hike as I am up to on any particular day. Saw my first deer recently and am hoping for more sightings of wild nature as the fall comes on.

Tue Jun 27 2017

Loved this trail except hard to know which way to go. Next time it will be easier to find red markers.

Mon Jun 05 2017

great trail for 1st timer could be marked a little bit better lots of trsils off the main trail

Sat May 20 2017

Wonderful trail with some hilly spots!

Tue Feb 21 2017

Nice short trail with lots of options. Good length for kids. Some decent inclines and trails not always clearly marked.

Wed Jan 04 2017

Easy walk. Took my pup and she loved it. Lots of different features: water, hills, fields. Very pretty surroundings. Wish I could let my dog off leash but understand the rules :)

Sun Jun 12 2016

alot of different greenery lots of trails not marked which I'm fine with but others aren't.

Mon Mar 21 2016

Nice walk. There are lots of unmarked trails. It is a nice jem and right next to downtown Middleboro too!

Mon Mar 21 2016

Love it here. More challenging than the place I got to that is very close to my house. Agree that the trails are not well marked but a few visits and you get to know them pretty well. Also agree on the ticks… its March and every time I go I pull a tick off my clothing. Not a fan of deat/deet/bug spray but getting/having Lyme can certainly be worse!!