Learn more

Plymouth Wishbone Walking Trail

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(27)
Myles Standish State Forest

Plymouth Wishbone Walking Trail is a 13.6 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Plymouth, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 13.6 miles Elevation Gain: 892 feet Route Type: Point to Point

historic site

Plymouth Wishbone Walking Trail can be difficult at times (especially for new hikers), users report for sturdy hiking boots and the ability to hike at least 7 miles before going onto this trail. Remember to bring sunscreen and bug spray.

Very tough to navigate, Very few trail markers, and no blazes that I could find. I'd be willing to blaze the trail at some point, but may want additional input, as I don't feel like the paper maps or the app sync'd up the whole time. I may have been off trail in several sections, when the trail didn't flow logically to where you would think it would go. I went Myles Standish to Ellisville, and going that direction, within a mile from the end, the trail appears to dead end in someone's well manicured lawn. I found a way around it, then realized that if you looked at that same lawn from Old Sandwich Road, the OId Pond Road Right of Way was clearly discernible. A great trail to get away from it all or hide the bodies..

private property

hike this trail with my six year old chocolate lab. I hiked it with one and a half of water and a jacket in the fall. The first section starting in Ellisville is a lot of navigation from the app. I would recommend starting it to track what you're doing so that the map directs you. found that out the hard way. Did not see any markers at all considering I hiked from elisvil to the headquarters. Got off the trail a few times. tracked with Gaia which reported 14.53 miles. I would describe it as long and difficult for this area. no real elevation just long. would recommend for the athletic challenge. pretty walk in the fall.

Sun Jun 16 2019

I thought this trail was awesome definitly a bit more challenging than I expected but definitly nothing to crazy no amazing views views really but your surrounded by nature basically the entire time a couple short road walks and a few dirt/rock roads but I cant really complain some of the markers are hard to find or not there at all definitly a little tricky if you dont have a map I would have done it both ways but my phone was low on battery and I had no paper map so I'm going to uber back to Myles standish now happy hiking!

Thu Aug 17 2017

I have hiked rhis trail multiple times. including a double wish bone. it took me 2 times to get all the markers. the trail is marked. but not very well.

Tue Feb 28 2017

Trying to learn more on this trail The section from Myles Standish to Ellisville is apparently marked Needs further investigation

Sat Apr 06 2019