Perkins Farm Trail

Perkins Farm Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Worcester, Massachusetts that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rails trails

Do not hike here during the night. Its not safe.Or any time for that matter.
I enjoy nighttime walks down trails, and while I have encountered the occasional druggie its always a nice stroll hearing the crickets and smelling the nighttime air. But this hiking trail is a major exception! I refuse to even shop at the stop n shop right outside the entrance! Im almost certain the place is haunted. My dog refuses to let me take him back in there unless its during the day, you can hear dogs whaling in the distance. They follow you all around at night. I swear the tree's move at night! I can hear them. Even the few campers who live there haven't been there long and all say they spend as little time deep in the reserve as possible! I know this sounds crazy but all I know is im keeping myself and my dog far away from that trail! Besides there is a much better trail to the south. I would love to see an episode of ghost adventures about this place though. But I would rather not do the investigating myself...

Friday, September 16, 2016

The trails were pretty. I didn't really find the "lake" mentioned in the description, but I did not go down all trails. The low rating is due to the very large amount of broken glass on some of the main trails- so much that it couldn't be easily avoided. I went on the trails with my two dogs and found myself panicking when I realized we were surrounded by broken glass... Otherwise, the trails are obvious, well marked, nicely labeled, the scenery is beautiful and the location/parking is super convenient! I just would be careful with dogs- be super vigilant or put some dog boots on them.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Since I live locally this is the easiest trail to my house. Cons: The parking is behind the Stop and Shop on Grafton Street, tends to be an area with local kids drink and hang out in their cars. Also not a lot of trail options, I tend to do 2-3 loops and hit all the small trails in the center or go on "Closed Trails" that go by the railroad tracks. Pros: 1/4 mile from my house and the trails are quiet for being in such a populated area.