Peppercorn Hill is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Milford, Massachusetts that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 331 feet Route Type: Loop

Climbs sharply to 500 foot summit of Peppercorn Hill

Not super well marked, got quite confused and had to use my phone more than I would like. But nice green space. :)

Going up the hill got the heartrate going, but it was less than a half mile incline, so it was pretty easy to do. A small effort for quite a lovely view! The rest if the trail was scenic, lush, and lovely, a really nice little hike!

it's a tough one going up the hill but once there the view is amazing. that is the only part that you need to be prepared for. after that..nice easy walk tons of old stone walls that make you think about the history. and one spot that I think is haunted but the wife thinks I'm nuts...but you ask the guy in the blue and white jacket that I know was there until I looked up again and he was gone!

flooded

recorded Peppercorn Hill

flooded

The path up the hill is tough... full of rock scrambles and slick when it rains! Great hike... good workout!

Great trail! Nice view at the top of the hill. We extended the trail and took a steep side trail down to the pretty lake. There’s a very pretty Brook. Lots of trails to choose from. Will return soon! We did 4.8 miles Very nice

Great trail Great view at the top peppercorn bill. Steep hike down to the pretty lake. Really nice brook on the other side. We extended our walk and did 4.8 miles. Really nice tho got crowded at times

Went with a couple of friends on a 70 degree day. We were all in long sleeves and perfectly fine. The uphill was a bit on the calf and going down all the leaves were a bit slippery, but the view from the top was worth it. We spent a lot of time up there and only saw a few other people passing by. It was lovely and will do again.

I would definitely consider this easy as opposed to moderate, but it was a wonderful hike! I started at the new Upton line trailhead on East St. the woods were beautiful, well marked, and quiet! you dont have to cross any roads like alot of the trails in the area, and there are plenty of little side trails to explore. Medium traffic is accurate though much less during the week. even though its Febrary I found a tick on my leg, so prepare properly!

Amazing trail and a great workout. There are trail markers but in some parts, you really have to look for them. Definitely a ton of mosquitoes!!!

Don’t waste your time unless you enjoy nothing to see and being a meal for bugs.

I would describe this trail as easy more than moderate. Offers plenty of shade amongst the trees and also some nice views in certain places along the trail. A few spots with some mud after a heavy rain but nothing too deep or unavoidable.

Sat Jun 01 2019

Mon May 27 2019

a bit muddy, but doable in sneakers.

A nice, quick hike. I'd be more likely to describe this as Easy versus Moderate

Fri May 03 2019

Decent quick loop. Quite trail. Slightly muddy in some areas, seemed very buggy. Great steep climb to the top. Pretty good view! Dogs loved it.

Wed Apr 24 2019