Peaked Mountain Trail

Peaked Mountain Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Monson, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The reservation lies amid one of the most pristine, undeveloped areas of the state, with broad views of rural and forested landscapes in every direction. 1,227-foot summit. The ascent from the main entrance to the summit of Peaked Mountain is a 467-foot gain in elevation that is strenuous in places. The summit reveals spectacular views of undisturbed rural and forested landscapes in every direction: Connecticut's Shenipsit State Forest to the south, Mount Monadnock to the north, and Mount Wachusett to the northeast. In between lies a sweep of rolling New England countryside with valley farms and small villages. The Valley View overlook provides views of nearby Boulder Hill and the City of Springfield to the west.

Nice hike with great panoramic views. Took my 5 year old and he kept up just fine. The rocky trail on the way down was tricky for him and required some hand holding at times.

I did not find this trail too difficult. Just a bit of a climb. The views of top are beautiful

My favorite place to go, my dog loves it too!

Great place

Very nice place! I've been here multiple times with my Golden and each time it's been fairy quite. There is not a lot of traffic which makes this a perfect location to take the pup!

Love this hike! Great maps of the various trails. Nice hour long moderately easy hike with a good view at the top and some rock scrambling if you choose.

Great hike

This is a great place for an "energetic" hike! I hike the trails here with my dog at least twice a week. The main trail starts on a slight incline and it continues that way up to the peak. There are a few connecting trails that loop to the peak as well. It's not a long hike, about 1 hour up and back. The views are nice especially in the Fall. Great for kids and dogs!

Great place to walk the dogs! Not usually busy and the pond is great for my lab!!

Hiked peaked summit loop for the first time on Oct 13, it was a great hike with gorgeous views. Trails are very easy to follow and well maintained. Look forward to going back soon to take in the peak fall foliage!
Only negative was running into multiple dogs off leash. I was hiking with my two dogs, who are always leashed, and I don't appreciate when I have to hold back my two because yours is roaming freely and walking up to us. I don't care how friendly your dog is they should be leashed.
Happy hiking!