Peaked Mountain Trail

Peaked Mountain Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Monson, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The reservation lies amid one of the most pristine, undeveloped areas of the state, with broad views of rural and forested landscapes in every direction. 1,227-foot summit. The ascent from the main entrance to the summit of Peaked Mountain is a 467-foot gain in elevation that is strenuous in places. The summit reveals spectacular views of undisturbed rural and forested landscapes in every direction: Connecticut's Shenipsit State Forest to the south, Mount Monadnock to the north, and Mount Wachusett to the northeast. In between lies a sweep of rolling New England countryside with valley farms and small villages. The Valley View overlook provides views of nearby Boulder Hill and the City of Springfield to the west.

Awesome hike to the peak. Great for beginners to intermediate. Trails are marked and there is private property all around so stay on Trails!

Love it. Hike it often

I LOVE THIS MOUNTAIN! It's quick and easy of you want it to be or longer if you choose the orange trail and mix some other trails in. The winding orange trail is good for trail running but gets very muddy in the spring and fall. I always meet the nicest people and cutest dogs at the top! There's also a cool notebook at the top for you to wrote about really anything you want. I highly reccomend this hike. Oh and the view is georgous!

Great mini mountain trail. popular spot, parking lot was full. there are about 4 or 5 miles of trails there, so you can make your hike a little longer if you want (description says 2 mi).

Short nd sweet. Slightly steep. The view up top is nice, but it won’t quite make you weep.

Great place for hike. Beautiful views and great for dogs. Our dog loved it.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Nice hike with great panoramic views. Took my 5 year old and he kept up just fine. The rocky trail on the way down was tricky for him and required some hand holding at times.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

I did not find this trail too difficult. Just a bit of a climb. The views of top are beautiful

Saturday, April 22, 2017

My favorite place to go, my dog loves it too!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Great place

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Very nice place! I've been here multiple times with my Golden and each time it's been fairy quite. There is not a lot of traffic which makes this a perfect location to take the pup!

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Love this hike! Great maps of the various trails. Nice hour long moderately easy hike with a good view at the top and some rock scrambling if you choose.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Great hike

Friday, December 09, 2016

This is a great place for an "energetic" hike! I hike the trails here with my dog at least twice a week. The main trail starts on a slight incline and it continues that way up to the peak. There are a few connecting trails that loop to the peak as well. It's not a long hike, about 1 hour up and back. The views are nice especially in the Fall. Great for kids and dogs!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Great place to walk the dogs! Not usually busy and the pond is great for my lab!!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Hiked peaked summit loop for the first time on Oct 13, it was a great hike with gorgeous views. Trails are very easy to follow and well maintained. Look forward to going back soon to take in the peak fall foliage!
Only negative was running into multiple dogs off leash. I was hiking with my two dogs, who are always leashed, and I don't appreciate when I have to hold back my two because yours is roaming freely and walking up to us. I don't care how friendly your dog is they should be leashed.
Happy hiking!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Oh almost forgot, it has a moderate rock climbing section and while walking the trail it becomes a bit steep...come ready with water and some good shoes that won't hurt your feet. It's a great place to also bring a lunch basket and sit with your loved ones. Enjoy.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It was an amazing trail, I didn't place all the pictures since it's a must see on your own. It will leave you with an impression you'll never forget. Relaxing and beautiful views, and it even has a small box where you can write a memo. Come ready and enjoy the journey.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Great hike, beautiful views!

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

not so easy as they sad lots of different ways up and down have done this trail grouping a ton of times you can connect different trail loops to make it about 10 mi of fun. glad alltrails finally added it there is also miller forrest just downs the road still part of peacked mountain less vigorous but no Vistas.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Did the summit loop with my dog. I'm not sure I'd rate that trail as easy. If you're not in good shape or you have weak ankles, you'll find this trail to be a minor challenge. It's nearly 100% uphill and about 80% of the trail has jagged rocks jutting out. There's a couple real large boulders along the way that act as seats if you need to catch your breath like me.

Once you reach the summit it's all worth it though. The view is astounding.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Took the Orchard Trail, the mosquitos were relentless but still a nice hike, cleared a lot a spider webs all well lol, def suggest the Summit loop instead!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

This was an amazing hike. The red trail was great. Great views and rocks to climb. There is a little mailbox that you can write a note in a book for all the visitors. Loved this hike!

Friday, January 01, 2016

Great hike to start the new year.

Sunday, December 06, 2015

its a nice trail can make it 10 + miles also associated with the miller tract down the road also very nice

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Although we've done many easy walks, we just started moderate hikes. Surprised how quickly we hit the uphill climb. Fairly steep without many flat areas. Take a break and stop by the small pond on the right side of the trail. Saw many tiny toads on the trail. Nice photo ops & plenty of bugs. Suggest using a deet product. 2 beautiful scenic stops. Lots of roots & rocks. Some rock scrambling at the summit, but not too difficult. Take yellow trail to red trail summit loop. Lots of signs & trails well marked, except up at summit in a few spots - just keep looking for the red dots on rocks & trees. Intersecting trails are marked with numbers. Careful when coming off summit - we took the wrong yellow trail, thinking it was back to the car, but after 10 minutes, discovered we had not paid attention to the intersection number and took the yellow trail the wrong way. (Our fault - looking at foliage and birds.) Simply retraced steps back to the red trail and eventually found the correct yellow trail.