Peaked Mountain Trail

Peaked Mountain Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Monson, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The reservation lies amid one of the most pristine, undeveloped areas of the state, with broad views of rural and forested landscapes in every direction. 1,227-foot summit. The ascent from the main entrance to the summit of Peaked Mountain is a 467-foot gain in elevation that is strenuous in places. The summit reveals spectacular views of undisturbed rural and forested landscapes in every direction: Connecticut's Shenipsit State Forest to the south, Mount Monadnock to the north, and Mount Wachusett to the northeast. In between lies a sweep of rolling New England countryside with valley farms and small villages. The Valley View overlook provides views of nearby Boulder Hill and the City of Springfield to the west.

Great place for hike. Beautiful views and great for dogs. Our dog loved it.

Nice hike with great panoramic views. Took my 5 year old and he kept up just fine. The rocky trail on the way down was tricky for him and required some hand holding at times.

I did not find this trail too difficult. Just a bit of a climb. The views of top are beautiful

My favorite place to go, my dog loves it too!

Great place

Very nice place! I've been here multiple times with my Golden and each time it's been fairy quite. There is not a lot of traffic which makes this a perfect location to take the pup!

Love this hike! Great maps of the various trails. Nice hour long moderately easy hike with a good view at the top and some rock scrambling if you choose.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Great hike

Friday, December 09, 2016

This is a great place for an "energetic" hike! I hike the trails here with my dog at least twice a week. The main trail starts on a slight incline and it continues that way up to the peak. There are a few connecting trails that loop to the peak as well. It's not a long hike, about 1 hour up and back. The views are nice especially in the Fall. Great for kids and dogs!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Great place to walk the dogs! Not usually busy and the pond is great for my lab!!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Hiked peaked summit loop for the first time on Oct 13, it was a great hike with gorgeous views. Trails are very easy to follow and well maintained. Look forward to going back soon to take in the peak fall foliage!
Only negative was running into multiple dogs off leash. I was hiking with my two dogs, who are always leashed, and I don't appreciate when I have to hold back my two because yours is roaming freely and walking up to us. I don't care how friendly your dog is they should be leashed.
Happy hiking!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Oh almost forgot, it has a moderate rock climbing section and while walking the trail it becomes a bit steep...come ready with water and some good shoes that won't hurt your feet. It's a great place to also bring a lunch basket and sit with your loved ones. Enjoy.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It was an amazing trail, I didn't place all the pictures since it's a must see on your own. It will leave you with an impression you'll never forget. Relaxing and beautiful views, and it even has a small box where you can write a memo. Come ready and enjoy the journey.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Great hike, beautiful views!

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

not so easy as they sad lots of different ways up and down have done this trail grouping a ton of times you can connect different trail loops to make it about 10 mi of fun. glad alltrails finally added it there is also miller forrest just downs the road still part of peacked mountain less vigorous but no Vistas.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Did the summit loop with my dog. I'm not sure I'd rate that trail as easy. If you're not in good shape or you have weak ankles, you'll find this trail to be a minor challenge. It's nearly 100% uphill and about 80% of the trail has jagged rocks jutting out. There's a couple real large boulders along the way that act as seats if you need to catch your breath like me.

Once you reach the summit it's all worth it though. The view is astounding.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Took the Orchard Trail, the mosquitos were relentless but still a nice hike, cleared a lot a spider webs all well lol, def suggest the Summit loop instead!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

This was an amazing hike. The red trail was great. Great views and rocks to climb. There is a little mailbox that you can write a note in a book for all the visitors. Loved this hike!

Friday, January 01, 2016

Great hike to start the new year.

Sunday, December 06, 2015

its a nice trail can make it 10 + miles also associated with the miller tract down the road also very nice