Pakachoag Hiking Trail

Pakachoag Hiking Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Auburn, Massachusetts that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really nice trail. Well marked and has ample parking. Would be a 5 Star if it went the other direction.... I am not a fan of running downhill to start. Prefer to run up, then coast back.

Absolutely great trail. Saw a couple as I was coming back which in turn I took a minute to sit and look over the open grass area. Noticed 2 ticks (one on each arm). Checked arms after flicking them off and continued on the trail. Got to the bridge and started noticing more and more falling and jumping :D. Kept flicking and by the time of reaching the car... I felt like a weirdo as a mother was wondering why I was flicking at my clothes constantly. Had at least 18 ticks flicked by the time of getting into the car and flicked another off the arm that wanted to go for a ride. Got home took a shower and found another that had climbed up my leg under the jeans.
Basically. Take precautions as ticks are all over that trail. Lyme is getting worse yearly so make sure to read the flier on the sign at the start of the trail. Absolutely loved the trail as it had decent ascent for a short 1 mile in 1 mile back hike.