Olivia's Overlook Via Charcoal Trail

Olivia's Overlook Via Charcoal Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richmond, Massachusetts and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail, (p)lush with life. A good workout for trail running. This is my first ever comment and I’ve been using this ap for years, but I wanted to concur the other reviews that the biting flies will chase you right out. Be warned!

It's a fun hike.

Monday, July 10, 2017

My kids and I did this after the Burbank Trail (northern trail from Olivia's Overlook) and we thoroughly enjoyed the man-made additions along the Brothers Trail/Charcoal Trail, such as stone steps from the stream. The trails are well-marked and maintained.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Pretty overlook and easy trails

Monday, April 24, 2017

great experience, even if we got lost on travel back

Monday, July 11, 2011

This is a fairly short loop trail right off of a parking lot that overlooks a BEAUTIFUL lake. The trail is actually called Olivia's Overlook and can be found by walking from the parking lot through a small meadow to the trailhead (look for the carved rock - I forget the inscription but I believe the name on it is "Michael"). The path meanders through the woods and eventually opens up at the top with a view through a break in the trees out to the surrounding mountains. In the winter I'd imagine this view is pretty spectacular when some of the tree cover is gone. The hike itself is really just a quick walk with only 600ft of elevation gain. It's great if you have an hour to kill and want to get in a quick walk/run in the woods, but it's certainly not a "destination" hike. Very quiet too - we only saw one man and his dog doing a trail run to the top.

Monday, July 31, 2017