Oak Knoll Wildlife Sanctuary

Oak Knoll Wildlife Sanctuary is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Attleboro, Massachusetts that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

old growth

Very nice walk with my two little ones. Very pretty views of the water.

I have been here several times, yet this is the first time with the new baby, so I'm carrying 'almost 2 months' on my front, and 'almost 22 months on my back' (it's always a good stretch on a couple of the hills) and I was really pleased that in a wooded area with water, there were very, very few bugs. Huge Plus For Me! Pleasant trail, as always.

Good for kids.. nice trail

I did this trail twice today. Once with my toddler then later with my whole family. We enjoyed it both times. Easy to follow with forks in the road for different choices. The kids loves the bridges and the water. We saw plenty of birds and ducks in the am but only ducks in pm. Great trail for the whole family especially with Kids.

i gree up out on these little trails. i live wicked close and know them well

Sunday, May 21, 2017

water view. good for bird watching. seen a few different kinds. nice leveled walk. saw frogs too

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Nice peaceful hike. Our three year old walked on his own the whole time. Pushing our 18 month old in the jog stroller was tricky at times over the sections of trail heavily rooted. We will definitely return to this trail.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

great for beginners and bird watchers, very well maintained, volunteers have done an amazing job on this property.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Back Side is overgrown.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

nice easy walk with kids through the woods, over a few bridges, and around a small pond. it's very short though. it's good for a one time visit.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

nice short walk. not too many views but there is some wildlife to see. I went in mid March so the leaves haven't come back yet you could see the nearby houses through the trees, which spoils it for me a little.

I like the old colonial style stone walls from the old farm land markers.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

nice, quick, quiet walk great for kids.

Friday, January 22, 2016

A hidden gem for birding and also a great place to bring kids for some easy hiking.

Monday, November 09, 2015

I did this one twice. The first time was on a weekday and there were many Moms on a nature hike with their children. The second time was early on a Saturday morning and there weren't many people. A previous reviewer said dogs are not allowed but there were several on the trail the first time I went; some on leash, some off leash. The Audubon Society has a good map, but it is called Attleboro Springs Wildlife Sanctuary at La Salette, OR Oak Knoll Wild Life Sanctuary. The directions on the trail can be a little confusing in conjunction with the map from the Audubon Society.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Beautiful trail during fall. Colors automatically pop! Wish there was more lake tho...water levels are low. There are a lot of roots to be careful of tho.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Very pretty and well kept, short and easy, dogs not allowed

Friday, July 17, 2015

Great established trails. Could use some more dirt on the oak trail. Too many roots can make you trip

Saturday, April 19, 2014

It was a great little hike. The wildlife was fairly abundant today. I witnessed wild turkeys, mallards swimming, and a 3-4 baby turtles. The field before the trail was also full of Easter eggs! There was an Easter Egg hunt going on for little children this morning.

Friday, April 18, 2014

This is a very easy hike suitable for taking small kids. One drawback is that it is the trail is in sight of a number of nearby houses. Even though there is only a single loop trail, nice maps are available. Also, it appears that geocaching is popular here as we spotted two caches amonst the rocks.

Sunday, June 04, 2017