Needham Town Forest Trail

Needham Town Forest Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Needham, Massachusetts that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

A lot of fun paths to stroll with kids or a dog. You’re never too far from civilization or cell signal, so you can go without a map and take any turn you want for as long as you want and still get out of the forest in 15 minutes or less.

There are some fantastic miniature worlds created by kids/families that are built into and around trees and small boulders. It’s awesome.

5 entrances from High Rock. Feeders off trail make navigation off sometimes. Found mini trail lines and evidence of tini tini town!

Had a very enjoyable hike today. High Rock is a cool spot for views and easy bouldering (you'll find this at the beginning of the hike if you start on High Rock Road). The loop suggested here is very close to the suburbs, if you are looking for a place to be alone in the woods I would suggest taking some of the lesser trails through the middle of the forest. Not all of these are on the map and they aren't well marked. If you have no where to be and like exploring, these are for you. Record your track so you know where you are in proximity to the main trails. If you are looking for an easy hike rather than an adventure, stay on the main loop. The loop is a 6 foot wide dirt road. The main trails and the loop are also marked with colored disks on the trees. Overall I liked this area and I would come back.

Did not like this area at all. Very buggy,use bug spray. None of the trails are very clearly marked and instead I needed to use my cellphone with AllTrails app open in order to figure out where I was pretty much 100% of the time. No elevation, it's essentially a flat hike from what I found. I saw like 1 person and I was there for 2 hours so not a popular place. Entire area is completely wooded.

Friday, September 09, 2016

For exercise I want to give it 4 but for markings on trail I have to say 2.5 hence 3 stars. Many markers have no color. If you are looking for an easy trail with some moderate thrown in and enjoy a pinch of adventure then this trail is for you. I ended at End of Trail/Live Rail Lines begin sign.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Super convenient as it is across the street from my house. Great local spot for a walk.

It is not somewhere you go to be alone with nature, can hear cars and see homes on the trails which largely hug the periphery of the forest.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

This is a great place to ride if you love organic riding.. lots of root and rock gardens... everywhere!! Fun for all skill levels but most terrain is better suited for intermediate (or better) skill level riders. I enjoy riding here because it's a constant technical challenge but I do wish there were longer/more downhill runs in the network of trails...

Monday, April 18, 2016