Mount Watatic and Nutting Hill Trail

Mount Watatic and Nutting Hill Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ashburnham, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice surprise. A moderate 1.25 mile hike up to the summit where there was a rocky outlook with a 300 degree view including the north side of Mt. Wachusett.

met up with 11 of my outdoor loving friends to hike this trail on the day after thanksgiving. quick hike with a bit of elevation gain. wonderful views from the top. easy to follow trail & blazes. highly recommended! after your hike, drive 45 min south to stone cow brewery for some delicious beer, sandwiches, homemade ice cream, and a gorgeous barn interior with games and a cozy fire.

Really nice, pretty easy hike. Enough to feel like you accomplished something without being too exhausting. It was great on a very cold, windy day because it is somewhat sheltered. Nice views from the top!

Small mountain with great views.

An easy trail for a quick day trip, definitely should be labeled “easy” rather than moderate. Lots of traffic but rewarded with a great view at the summit! Hiked 10/28/17

Nice short hike!!!

We come here like 5 times a week lol
we always go during the night and is amazing

Lots of fun. It can be a steep climb in some places, but the view from the top is worth it. Dogs can be there on leash. I'd like to go back

Nice trail with modest climb up, went on Labor Day weekend and got a good crowd. View on the top is beautiful.

We went up the trail to see the 21 August 2017 eclipse. It was our second time on Watatic. Very well maintained trail, and popular enough that you don't really need to watch for blazes, as the trails are well worn. I'm not a dog person, and many owners let their pets off the leash on top, and the dogs like to check out strangers lunches and lick their legs. Not something I appreciate.

always so much fun

Attempted this hike for the first time as a sunrise hiking adventure. With that being said we had to leave in the middle of the night to get there, and started our hike in the pitch black of the early morning. It had rained a lot the day before so there was some mud and slippery rocks on the trail. Besides these obstacles, and obviously dealing with the dark, we managed to make it to the summit in about an hour. Charlie did this hike too and I would say it is definitely a good dog hike. Not a lot of intense elevation climbs either which was nice. I've heard the views are really good too, and was looking forward to some awesome sunrise photos. However, unfortunately the fog was so thick from the rains of the previous day we weren't able to see anything. The fog was cool and creepy though so I managed to get a few shots while we were up there. The hike down was ALOT easier with some natural light, hahaha.

Went with my 6 and 8 year old. Easy hike with well marked and maintained trails. Large crowd on a Saturday with lots of dogs. Great views, could even see Boston. Took us about 40 minutes to get to the top,

Great views from the top and the trail was easy to follow.

I've been hiking this trail since I was 6. Having a place on Lake Watatic I hike it a few times a year. Great trail.

Did the steep uphill..right of fork towards east. no flies or mosquitoes but very exhausting since its been a long time since I hiked. The peak was good...nice views but since it was clear sky, hot evening, it wasn't as cold breeze as expected. Came down from the other side towards west and got tired of tiny flies and mosquitoes and trail getting muddy due to rain water stream but not exhausting at all. Overall...It was fun

Love the steep incline on Wapack to the summit of Watatic! Great views at top. Too many off leash dogs though... poop on the trail, etc. Please follow the rules and leash your dogs. Other hikers appreciate it.

Not too challenging, fantastic views at the top!