Mount Tom Traverse via the Metacomet-Monadnock Trail

Mount Tom Traverse via the Metacomet-Monadnock Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Holyoke, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

1998 feet

The views are AMAZING. And you don't need to complete this to the summit of Mt. Tom to get spectacular views. We did complete Mt. Tom today but if I did it again, I'd probably just decide after the 10th amazing vista that I've seen enough. It's like ALL vista. And the view at the top was worth the hike but the summit itself is unimpressive. I don't actually mind the radio/cell towers, but there was a ton of concrete falling apart everywhere, and not even a gazebo/pavilion to escape the sun for a few minutes.

I am a very novice hiker. This was the highest/longest hike I've ever done. It was HARD for me. But lots of people seemed to have no trouble.

Warning: the beginning of this hike it VERY steep but the views beyond that are incredible. Push through it. Little work for BIG reward.

I will definitely return.

Popular trails in the area. Some are more difficult than others but either way a workout during climbing up. The views up top are nice too.

good fun i take kids there all the time to hike

little slippery, from all the leaves, very steep at some parts, nice workout, beautiful view.

Amazing views!!

This trail was a solid pre work exercise on a beautiful fall day. Gorgeous views from the top of mount tom! Will be hiking this trail again very soon!