Mount Tom Memorial Trail

Mount Tom Memorial Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Holyoke, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1909 feet

Great trail through Mt. Tom to the B-17 Memorial , summit Mt. Tom and return to the Rt. 141 side of the Mt. Tom State Reservation. Begin on the 141 side of the Mt. Tom State Reservation (park on Mt. Joe coffee shop). Enter and follow white blazes. As you ascend, the trail will split, orange to the right and white to the left. Follow the orange trail blazes. You will cross a service road and then come across the B-17 memorial to the victims of a July 1946 crash into Mt. Tom. To the left of the memorial, the trail continues and merges again with the white blazed M & M trail. Be sure to head left to the summit of Mt. Tom and then follow the white blazes down to return to Rt. 141.

if you've never been, be prepared for rocky trails, uphill will take your breath away, afraid of heights, avoid. very scary walking along cliff. beautiful views. my thing is if start a trail you should end there, not the case, unless you want to track back the way you came, in my opinion I didn't. forgot also climbing rocks, just like rock climbing, take backpack to keep hands free for balance.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Really beautiful trail, and amazing views. The trail follows the edge a bit and gave me vertigo at times. We took a trail up and the road down, which shortened the hike a little, but we got to see the B17 crash site, which made for an all around interesting day!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Spent 3 hours hiking over 5 miles. Didn't run into many people other than on service roads. Had my friends dog with me and he loved it. We parked at the first parking lot off of Reservation Rd by Lake Bray. We didn't see the memorial but we took Keystone Trail/Extension, Quarry Trail, M&M Trail, Dynamite Trail, McCool Trail then service road up to Eyrie House Ruins. On the way back we took M&M trail to T Bagg Trail

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday, June 03, 2013

This is a beautiful trail. There is a great view of the river a few yards off the trail about halfway in. The B-17 Memorial is beautiful too. Though longer, it is a much more gradual climb to the summit of Mt. Tom than the M&M trail. Of the times I've taken this trail, I've rarely seen anyone on this trail. Once you cross over the service road to the M&M it does get increasingly difficult, meaning more rocks to climb up.