Mount Toby Trail

Mount Toby Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sunderland, Massachusetts that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 Parking area is on Reservation Rd in Sunderland. Reservation rd starts in Montague then over the town line to Sunderland.

good hike... trail markers and app routes do not go hand in hand. no waterfalls on this trail.

Great workout if you follow the trail straight up! We were here on a rainy day so there was alot of flowing water all around us. The fog made the viewing a bit tough but it was still well worth the climb up the fire tower.

beautiful views from the tower at the top

Awesome trail great views good challenge

Make sure you start at the correct spot! I didn't start where the official entrance was, unbeknownst to me. I ended up lost for 2 hours thinking I was on the "loop" but really I was on a side trail. All the side trails are marked red, which made me SO LOST trying to find my way back. Also, the red and orange markers look very similar in some parts. This area could really use some updating especially due to the fact that all the non main trails are marked red, and I was never able to find a map online to help me find my way back. I had to climb all the way back up the mountain and down again to come out in the correct spot.

View at the top of the tower is very nice.