Mount Pisgah Park Loop is a 6.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Berlin, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.2 miles Elevation Gain: 872 feet Route Type: Loop

My first impression of the trails was that they were very clear and obvious, easy to follow. But as I got further into the park, I realized that the colored tree markings were few and far between - only really showing up when multiple trails intersected. There are so many trails crossing each other, though, that if you are paying VERY close attention, you can easily end up switching trails without knowing it. And you will hike on and on for some time before realizing your error. After missing a couple of trail markings with my eyes down to avoid rocks and roots, I found myself backtracking numerous times even when I was on the correct trail - just to make sure I was where I thought I was. Better trail marking would make this place a really nice hiking area. Instead, it became a source of frustration and uncertainty for me. I also didn't get a warm fuzzy about the sign at the Smith Rd parking area that said Vandalism has been reported their previously and to be aware.

Nice trail..The only problem is that you have to download the trail and track yourself on the map..I lost the trail two times and i had to walk back..

This is a great woods trail, however, I agree with the others, could be marked better. In some places it’s marked very well and in others you have to walk a quarter mile in one direction or another to figure out if you chose the right path. There was one part where it went very uphill and was a bit of a scramble, but it was a nice view once you get up there (the overlook). We didn’t end up going the whole 6 miles, but we plan on it. Ran into more people than expected, but we were alone for awhile too. Definitely plan on going back to explore more.

There were a lot of people out today on this trail. If you’re looking for a woodland trail this is it, but you have to rely on gps 100% of the time because of so many intersecting trails. I had to backtrack quite a few times.

Well labeled, we had fun with our family of 5

Great walking/hiking trails. Lots of trials to choose from. Nature at its best. Some black flies so bring bug spray. Great day for hiking

If you do the full 6.2 mile loop (as I did today), it is NOT a moderate hike, it’s tough in some spots. So keep that in mind. Trails are not well marked at all either, so you will need a GPS to stay on track.

Nice easy hike. Loop is a little hard to follow. A lot of cars were in the lot, but didn’t run into too many people on the trail.