Mount Pisgah Park Loop is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Berlin, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great property, great trek. Parked at the Lyman St. trailhead then went as far north as I could. Turned back to the south and was surprised to see part of the trail was directly above the Wachusett Tunnel which carries all of Boston's water from the reservoir. Continued south on the Berlin Road Trail and took a break at the Howard's Ridge junction. The southern part of the property appears a bit more interesting compared to the northern section, the Howard Ridge specifically (but it's small, you can take it all in). Went to the South Overlook next then up Tyler to the summit then over to the ancient Pine Tree before looking out from Oberg's Vista. I took the wrong trail down then bushwacked back and found a cool, antique plow out in the middle of what was likely a pasture back in the day. Might call the Berlin Historical Society and let them know. I marked it on my map. Great property, just do it!

INSANELY BUGGY. I used extra strength bug spray and the swarms around me were still incredible. I even doubled back to the car to put more on and it was still horrible. I've never experienced anything quite like that. There were periods of the trail where it was slightly better but then it got worse quickly again. Usually I could feel 10's of bugs burrowing into the hair on the back of my head and I would dig them out every few seconds but they would just come right back.

Trail not clearly marked at points and sometimes I had to wander for a few minutes even with the GPS tracker to find the trail again. Frequent dog and horse poop on the trail.

I definitely won't be doing this hike again. Next time I'll just go to Wachusett.

Pretty nice view from the top of the hill if you can find it!

Great hike with options to expand or shorten. Got a little lost and turned around, but kept heading in the general direction of the trail on the map and eventually, made my way back to the trail and cut through a few different trails because i was lost for a while. Very wet and muddy in places and completely washed out in others due to the recent rain storm. I would definitely hike out there again, but maybe explore the well marked trails in the north side...

nice run but difficult to navigate

Very nice hike with some decent elevation and interesting topography, some cool vistas and vernal ponds in many locations. I would have gotten lost if i did not have my Garmin. Also had printed a map and would have made two wrong turns if i was relying solely on the map. The blazes marking the trails are great in some places and nonexistant elsewhere. I downloaded a route onto my Garmin and it saved me from those two wrong turns. I did the route counter clockwise, which I would recommend, as the more frustrating turns and trail sections are on the southern area, and I probably would have gotten more frustrated if these were at the end of my hike vs the beginning. I really liked the section of path towards the end that follows the ridgeline along the North Gorge Trail. Also some nice vistas looking East towards Marlborough on the eastern trails (Sparrow, Tyler, North Overlook). The paths were icy in places and muddy everywhere but just a bit of a drag, not so bad to prevent one from hiking it. Brought my dog and it was no problem for him, saw other dogs both on and off leash. Everyone I saw seemed laid back about dogs. Definitely a good option for a nice two hour, 6 mile hike. Note: there are two sections of trail that are on the AllTrails route but not on some of the online maps, both in the upper northeast quadrant of the hike. These are definite well-used trails.

Very hard to follow the trails. We were lost several times and had trouble following this trail. Use AllTrails GPS and check it often... and be prepared to “make up” your trail as you go along... it is very nice though!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

This would have been a great hike if the trails had been marked
Thank goodness I read some reviews and downloaded this app
We would still be out there as trail markers are very sporadic and we ended up off trail several times also moving in the wrong direction a few times trail maps were also non existent
Thank you all trails for getting me home safely

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Definitely wouldn't have been able to do this trail without AllTrails. Got hung up a few times and had to backtrack. Pretty woods trekking, a little buggy. Little incline, a more casual hike.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Print a map if possible. Very easy to get lost on the southern trails.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

great hike, lots of options for loops. the red trails are very well marked but the green (vernal pool) trail is a bit hard to follow at points.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Not really marked well but still a fun hike. Good for moderate hikes, not much elevation, but by following the blue triangles there is a nice up hill toward the summet path.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Excellent trail. The direction marking are ok..familiarize with the map before starting. Using alltrail recording and map feature helps a lot. Paths are rocky, tree roots, thick forest woods, slope and narrow at certain areas make it challenging and interesting for the hikers. Multiple loops gives a chance for easy to moderate hikers an option to choose and hike the trail. Point of interest and Photo ops - view from the top, small pond, wooden bridge across a stream, tree roots, dry leaves, birds, spotted a baby deer. Yes be prepared for mosquitos, flies, ticks and hanging worms (caterpillar? Not sure ). Overall an awesome trail.

Friday, June 02, 2017