Mentzner Trail and Sparrow Trail Loop

Mentzner Trail and Sparrow Trail Loop is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Berlin, Massachusetts that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

I walked this trail with my dog , my I say I got lost . If you never have done this trail beware that you can get lost very easy . Trails are not mark that well . very rocky and lots of roots . Take a map of the trails with you !!

My 9 year old daughter and I hiked the trails this afternoon. Nice walk through the woods.

I've done this one a few times. Easy enough for kids. Can make it short or long depending on how much time you want to spend.

The view at the end of the Mentzner Trail is decent for the area. On a clear day you can see Boston.

Because it's so close to home, this is a repeat spot for me.

Make sure you understand the map of the trail before you begin !

I like to trail run/jog/walk. This trail has many offshoot paths that can keep you in the woods for a good 4 miles. I'll admit I got lost and spent a little longer on the trail than I had planned. I parked by Tougas Farm (great for apple picking) and jogged to the Ball/Smith Street entrance. You have to pay attention to where you are landing your feet as there is plenty of rocks and roots to derail you. Some people find this annoying, I like it because it keeps me focused. The trails offered EASY, MODERATE, and DIFFICULT hiking/running. Highly recommend...become one with nature!!!

LOTS of roots and rocks.

Great for a quick ride after work. Bugs are ferocious and trails are limited. But the terrain is technical, awesome downhill section past the north view area.

Nice wide trail. I don't remember there being too many bugs (maybe some May flies). Decent view at the top.