Mount Greylock via Money Brook Trail

Mount Greylock via Money Brook Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamstown, Massachusetts that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful hike starts along Money Brook and follows it to a waterfall. This hike is one of the best hikes in the Berkshire region because it takes in the tallest mountain in Massachusetts, and it follow Money Brook at the start, which makes for a very nice gradual start to this difficult hike. Money Brook trail starts gradual and works its way up the deep valley between Greylock and Mt Prospect. The trail passes a beautiful waterfall that is worth diverting from the trail for. At the head of the valley the trail joins the Appalachian Trail and follow the AT South over Mt Williams, Mt Fitch and on to Greylock summit with pretty good view on Fitch and Williams. The views from Greylock summit are spectacular. Returning from the summit Continue South on the AT to the Hopper Trail, follow Hopper trail thru the campground on Sperry Road out to stony ledge with spectacular views of greylock and the Hopper. A trail continues past a lean to, take the Haley Farm Trail on the right which ends up right where you started.

The trail marked on here is COMPLETELY different than in real life. NEVER TRUST THIS APP!

Absolutely TERRIBLE. I would have been better off without this stupid app. Never been so lost in the woods before. NEVER TRUST THIS APP!

Love this hike. Challenging but fun and the views at the summit are worth every drop of sweat

Incredible hike! The views are spectacular! If you are going to summit, taking the Money Brook trail up was the way to go. On the way back down, the hopper trail is less steep and seems like the better route down. For first timers to the Berkshires, my wife and I couldn't get over the views from the summit of Mount Greylock. Sitting at the top (facing east) over looking the town of Adams was a phenomenal lunch stop. Guess what??? They have Popsicles at the top!!!!! What better way to enjoy a summer day atop a mountain. Enjoy and hike safe!

Beautiful

I was in the area for work, so I took advantage of the Saturday off and made it an all-day hike. I ended up doing some extra side trails, my Fitbit showed 21 miles and 5500 feet of elevation gain. There were some vehicles already in the parking lot when I arrived, but I didn't actually see anyone for the first six miles or so. Quite a few people at the top of Mt. Greylock, I even saw about five paragliders taking flight from the summit. There were some nice overlooks throughout and I only had trouble finding the trail a few times. Overall well worth the drive and effort.

We parked at hopper road and took the money brook trail first. It was a beautiful hike and very well marked. It is a long and at times arduous hike. We made it to the top of Greylock and followed the Hopper Trail down. When you get to the campsite area it tells you the Hopper trail turns left but there are no other signs until you follow the dirt road about 1.5 miles to the end. When you see the new trails it will tell you Hopper Road is 2 miles left. Then you come to a fork in path and it says Stony Ledge or Haley Farm. It does not say Hopper Road. We started down Stony Ledge when we came across 2 wonderful hikers who told us we needed to take Haley Farm. We made it back a lot longer than we thought. We found Hopper trail to not be as well marked and the signs and blazes to be further apart.it would have been nice if Sperry Road had blazes to let you know you were still following the trail and for the fork to be better labeled.