Mount Crag Trail is a 1.3 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Northfield, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 km Elevation Gain: 69 m Route Type: Out & Back

Great view of Northfield Mt Reservoir on one side and a view of Mt Monadnock in distance on other side.

Great quick grab. It is a little confusing in the beginning since the trail starts out on someone’s driveway. As soon as you get to the crest of the first small hill on the driveway, you can see the blue blazes of the M&M trail.

closed
private property

Honestly it’s a shame that AllTrails can’t verify information. I looked this up because My husband and I wanted to bring our toddler 3 and 7 year old. We picked this one because it said easy. The direction which were directly linked from this app were the middle of now where. Many no trespassing signs, not necessarily on trail but all around. As a mom it had a sketchy feel. Trail seems under used And grown over. The trail was marked and then it came to a clearing and the markers stopped abruptly. Then it was far from easy. The only trail left was pretty steep and rocky, with lots of brush. We came across a massive bees nest, to the point we couldn’t keep going. Had to run. DO NOT BRING KIDS HERE. Wish there was a way to complain somehow that the trail is so misleading as well as this app. It’s a shame again that’s it’s listed as easy. Bummer

Wed Sep 19 2018

It’s someone’s driveway

Sun Sep 02 2018

Mon Jun 11 2018

Loved this little trail! There are two overlooks - one to the east and one to the west - that offer views across western Mass. It took me about 11 minutes to get to the clearings, but I stopped to take pictures and look at plants and insects. There was a section where you climb over a rocky outcrop that required me to put down my water bottle to get up and down. Very fun little hike that I plan to do again!

Sun Nov 05 2017

Nice view. Not much effort.

Wed May 24 2017

It was a short hike but climbing the rocks to the top was pretty cool and the view was amazing. We have dinner at the top then we came back down.

Sat May 06 2017