Moose Hill Trail

Moose Hill Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Sharon, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 331 feet Route Type: Loop

There is a fee to use the trails.

Lots of ups and downs. Okay views. Good hike for the area.

Yes this was a pleasant hike down wooded paths. Plenty of roots and rocks along the way, so keep your eyes peeled. Some nice overlooks and picture spots. Interesting note: this trail is connected to the Audubon preserve, the first one in our nations history. Or at least, that’s what the lady at the Auduban Society house told us :-) FYI if you go to the house first, they’ll ask you for four dollars to do the hike if you are not an Auduban Society member.

Nice trail with cool views along the way. One of the bridges was closed but I went under the rope - it was dry - assuming they never reopened it yet after all the rain we had

Another family hike here, but we tried another trail. It was fantastic although still slightly muddy. We hiked to Bluff Overlook, and it was worth it. The view was fantastic! The trail was a bit rocky and bumpy, but even the little ones were able to handle it. A great place!

bridge out

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TRAIL UNTIL SEVERAL DAYS AFTER A RAIN. I don’t typically mind puddles and mud on a hike, so I came this afternoon just after a rain that ended early this morning. There was some mud and water that I was able to go through/around while keeping to the recorded route, but I reached an area that had major flooding (more than ankle deep) and no good way around and so decided to take a significant detour rather than turning back. Unfortunately, the map in AllTrails is not reliable if you veer off of the recorded path. The entrance to Forest Trail was nonexistent, so I had to trek through straight forest for a bit to find my way back to the trail. If I had something to clear brush, I wouldn’t have minded so much, but I didn’t so it was slow going. Other than that, it was enjoyable. I won’t be back so soon after a rain, though.

bridge out

I really enjoyed this trail. Pretty views, one or two climbs (nothing too strenuous), and has something for everyone. Only reason it’s not 5 stars is because the bridge was out. I can’t wait to come back and see it when it isn’t flooded and everything is in bloom. It’s going to be gorgeous!

I spent two hours hiking the trails here with my husband and three young children (4, 4, 7). It was peaceful and a ton of fun. The trails were still a bit muddy and not always clearly marked, but we would definitely go back to check out the trail we wanted to do, but couldn't find. (We must have taken a wrong turn due to unclear signs) ultimately, it didn't matter. The trails were great and provided lots of exercise. Hills, rocks, mud, and trees down. A beautiful place!

Beautiful trails, well- maintained, great views and hiking. However, the map the Audubon Society provides is backwards! It does not match with any other map of the area and is very confusing.

Sap season in mid February certainly added to the pleasure as did a big breakfast at The Farmer's Daughter. The bat house and dozens of buckets on old sugar maples was great (though many were overflowing) and the beautiful walk through well marked trails was delightful. We saw a big Pileated woodpecker too!

Well marked trails. Nice views of southern mass. The cisterns, bat house, and vernal pool were awesome little touches that made the hike more than just a hike

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Well maintained and well marked trails. We spent several hours there and only got to a few of the trails. Moderately challenging hikes. Nice staff. Looking forward to going back. Minimal bugs right now despite the recent rains.

Sunday, September 16, 2018

fun easy walk. bring your bug spray.

Monday, July 23, 2018

Nice and wet but the rain held off today. This is a great place to hike/run even in the rain. Did both summits and saw a beautiful doe/deer deep in. I caught her eye...then she was gone!

Monday, July 09, 2018

Did this trail 7/8/18. It is well marked and really nice. thd bluff overlook is awesome. be sure to stop in the building for a map. The woman at the desk was very helpful. I will be back.

Monday, June 25, 2018

A nice little walk, big downfall were the bugs. It must of been the time of year, but literally had to jog because the mosquitos were so bad. End the walk quicker because they were so bad. But good parking lot and easier trail

Friday, September 29, 2017

Moderate trail terrain. There are 2 climbs of less then 400' each. Worth the view at the top of Allens Bluff. The second climb is the Summit Trail to the fire tower (closed). Hiking poles a plus going up hill. Only about 2 hours and less then 4 miles. Great staff at visitor center.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Nice easy going hike with a lot of tree cover - great hike for a fall day.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

very good moderate trail. hiked in September and will hike again in Fall for foliage.