Moose Hill Trail

Moose Hill Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sharon, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

There is a fee to use the trails.

Moderate trail terrain. There are 2 climbs of less then 400' each. Worth the view at the top of Allens Bluff. The second climb is the Summit Trail to the fire tower (closed). Hiking poles a plus going up hill.
Only about 2 hours and less then 4 miles.
Great staff at visitor center.

Nice easy going hike with a lot of tree cover - great hike for a fall day.

very good moderate trail. hiked in September and will hike again in Fall for foliage.

We had a great time! Took my 4 and 7 year old kids. 7 year old had zero complaints 4 year old didn't love all the rocks throughout the trail. We saw a timber rattlesnake which was a little unsettling.. other than the snake awesome views of Gillette Stadium when the kids started to get bored we would come up on something new and interesting which was very helpful! Would definitely do this trail again!

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Fun walk, it can be quiet in the off-season.

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

We've been coming here for years and keep coming back for more! Great view of Gillette from the Bluffs, nature, and old rock foundations. We are having weird weather, so it's extra muddy and flooded out there right now (make sure you're wearing appropriate footwear). Although the trails are well marked, there are several paths that intersect, so make sure you keep a map from this app open or else you might be out there for longer than intended. The loop that is suggested in this app is 3 miles and takes about 2 hours (I'm also 5 months pregnant, so maybe you can nail it in a quicker time).
Tip: pack a lunch and have a picnic at the bluffs. And again, the footwear is key this time of year.

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Great place to clear the mind. Hiked to the highest elevation, not much of view from the top, because of trees and brush growth. Despite that, it's beautiful here! Birch trees, plenty of wildlife, with a bountiful splash of good old New England rock walls and barns. Several trails on location to choose from and trails are well marked.

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Did this trail in late December 2016 with my sister. We found the trails to be well marked and well-maintained. The Bluff Trail had nice views looking towards Gillette Stadium - Foxboro. I will definitely come back and do this system of trails again.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Brought my 2 kids on a hike here today. The man in the office was very helpful and helped us with a route on the map. We hiked up to a nice vista that we could see Gillette stadium from. Some of the trails were a bit overgrown but we didn't mind.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

I go and do a different trail every week. It's great! Always different yet always amazing!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Unless you are a member or from the town of Sharon there is a fee to use the trails and obtain a map. Additionally dogs are not allowed on the premises. The staff in the Audubon center was rude, unlikely to return

Sunday, January 10, 2016

An overcast day on January 9 brought me to Moose Hill. Walking on the Wood Thrush Trail past the Maple Sugar Shed brought me to an elaborate boardwalk through a beautiful marshland, then into a field near the Billings Farm. Taking the Bluff Trail up to the rocky outcrop yields a breathtaking view for 450-ish feet of elevation. The trail continues to another outcrop, then to a bluff where there is an old chimney standing. The Bluff Trail continues off the height of land and descends into the forest. I took the Turkey Trail and the Old Pasture Trail to return to the parking lot at the visitor center. It was a beautiful and invigorating loop, one where you could really stretch your legs and do some power walking if you wanted.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

nice hike

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Well manicured trails but not clearly marked. Mostly easy trails with some moderate sections. It's actually two parks run by The Trustees of Reservations and The Audubon Society. I enjoy trail running on the Trustees side.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wonderful hiking trails! It's a huge area and there a ton of hiking trails to explore.
It is rocky at parts.. So anyone who has difficulties with that should take caution.
I saw about 7 deer up close, a ton of birds, wildflowers, streams and so much more.
Love this nature reservation, will definitely return!!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

A nice enough trail, but a little too well-tended and you never get out of hearing of the highway.

Saturday, May 03, 2014

Some of the trails where not clearly marked and where not clear where they picked up after you crossed the road. Getting back to the parking lot was the biggest pain espesh when other hikers couldn't even help navigate you in the right direction (it seemed like everyone one was just wondering around trying to find the right path out)

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Another excellently managed Mass Audubon reservation, it has several short to medium looping trails and overlaps the Bay Circuit and Warner trails as well. After Blue Hills, this is the best suburban hiking opportunity I've found.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Very fun. Good hiking cardio trails. Will hike agian!!!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Excellent all around. The trails were well marked and the views were breath taking. The trails can be steep and rocky but worth the climb. Saw many birds and a deer up close.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Had a group hike along the Warner Trail a couple of years ago which joins with the Moose Hill Trail. The hill is wooded with oak, maple and white pine but offers several great views from rocky outcrops to the south. Looking forward to crossing Moose Hill once more as I lead a group this year from Blackstone Valley Outfitters on our section hike of the Bay Circuit Trail.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Last summer, I hiked the trail, easily completing it, the longest path I could take, in under 1.5 hours, including times I stopped to take pictures ( Im a photographer ). There are some great views there. Hobbs hill can be strenuous but easily manageable

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

My friend and I set out on this hike just the other day. After a moderately strenuous hiking up to 534ft we were pleasantly surprised by a beautiful white tailed deer!! We got so close and the deer just looked at us, ate, looked at us again, ate again, then galloped away with its magnificent white tail standing straight up. Not the only highlight of the day. There are great views on those hills!! We are definitely going back soon!