Midstate Trail: East Hill Road, Rutland to Route 9, Spencer

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(11)
Moore State Park

Midstate Trail: East Hill Road, Rutland to Route 9, Spencer is a 12 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Rutland, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, horses, and backpacking and is best used from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 12.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,266 feet Route Type: Point to Point

Great trail- parked at the end of state forest road. The views from the top are amazing

Tue Apr 24 2018

We didn't do the whole route. I went with my sister. I parked at the 4H Camp in Spencer. She picked me up and we drove to East Hill Road in Rutland to start the hike on that end. Took us 2-1/2 hours. It was fun! Nice easy trail. We took our time, took some pictures. I can see it getting pretty wet in a few spots if it had rained recently. Note: When you come out on Browning Pond Road where you're not near the pond (it comes out on that road twice), the trail marker sends you to the right. You need to go left.

Fri Apr 13 2018