Middlesex Fells Reservation Loop Trail

Middlesex Fells Reservation Loop Trail is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Medford, Massachusetts that features a lake. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

By far my favorite place to go on my days off. I actually really enjoy how busy it can get - I do a full loop each time and cross over between several trails. On a weekend, I'd run into someone else maybe every 20 minutes... But by far my favorite trail to do from start to finish is the skyline trail. I would rate the skyline trail as moderate, but everything else is easy. It's very dog friendly. We always start at Sheepfold and go from there. Once you know the trails, it's easy to cut through - they're decently marked. I'm a relatively fit person but I like to take slow hikes with my dogs - the full loop and a little more takes us about 1.5 hours. I love it!!

This trail was a fun walk. The difficulty was easy to moderate at most. We found the trail markings to be insufficient, especially at some intersections. Surprisingly long given the location. Will likely hike it again in a different season.

Great winter walk close to the city. Helps scratch the hiking itch.

This is my 4th time here, very nice place with different views. Rocky and lake .
It took me 6 hrs slow- medium walk. Fresh air .
1,5 liter of water .
Not too hard really, any fit person can do it. And what is nice here if you get tired from one trail you easily can switch to an easy one like the blue trail.
Enjoy and stay fit and healthy this is the ultimate wealth.

Friday, March 24, 2017

It gets pretty treacherous but it's really cool. Don't go alone and make sure your phone is charged up. I got lost once.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Great Hike, I would call it moderate, appropriate trail runners or boots necessary.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Great hike and so close to Boston.

Saturday, October 08, 2016