Lynn Woods Reservation

Lynn Woods Reservation is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lynn, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

nice view and fun hiking but it is easy to get lost the trail becomes very narrow and small I actually got lost a few times and had to struggle to find my way back the cool thing is you can enjoy your surrounding while being lost lol...

Hiking, trail running, mountain biking, dog walking, family picnics, backpacking, scenic views.

My neighborhood borders the reservation and I utilize the trails 1-4 days a week during the warm weather months. The area is expansive with 2,000 acres at your disposal. It offers many options for activities and difficulty levels. It can accommodate people (and dogs... and horses) of all capabilities. Just about anyone can manage walking the main fire roads. There are rolling hills and some steeper climbs but nothing too aggressive. However, once you get onto the singletrack trails (wide enough for one person at a time) you will find that the difficulty can increase quickly. If there's one word to come to mind about this place it's rocks! There are rocks of all shapes and sizes- from stretches of loose gravel to RV sized boulders and open ledge. They are both the strength and weakness of the reservation. Many trails that would otherwise be quick and simple are made slow and technical due to a clusters of basketball sized rocks on the path. However, I find this to be a negligible nuisance in light of the number of options to explore and see new features and the reward of several picturesque views overlooking the ponds and the city of Boston off in the distance. As a resident local I've been regularly exploring the reservation for three years and just two days ago I hiked a trail and saw features I've never seen before. Let me not forget to mention that the powerline trails offer some of the most aggressive downhill mountain bike features available. The trails are much beyond my ability still. But on mountain bike forums I've seen them compared to more renowned area's up north and out west. So for an all-in-one type of experience that can accommodate a family picnic w young kids to an aggressive hike or ride, the Lynn Woods is a hidden gem juxtaposed by it's otherwise urban landscape.

I'll be honest, in the past my experiences with Lynn haven't been very positive but this has absolutely been the best surprise. Lynn Woods has a near perfect combination of trails, points of interest and views. I hiked almost 10 miles in nearly 100 degree heat and didn't even notice it. The time flew...and I never even felt the heat. Most of the trails are nicely covered by trees making it an excellent place to get your active on during hot days.

My only issue with the trails: the northern trails didn't seem as nicely labeled as the southern parts. There were times when I had to back track because I had taken a wrong turn.

If you hike the northern parts...bring your bug spray. The trails up there seem like excellent mountain biking trails and much less used than the southern parts, but being in the swampy areas means you could very easily become dinner for mosquitos!

I'll definitely come back when in the area.

Wonderful place!

I was in the area and decided to try this place . A nice surprise. There is a dirt road that serves as the main trail .If you take trails to the right toward the lake there are some wonderful rustic unused trails . I'd definitely come back again