Lithia Springs

Lithia Springs is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near South Hadley, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love lithia but I just found out about the section of trails from the pond up the mountain I have only ever been as far out as the pond. Today the dog and I took a jaunt up the trail but could not map out where it lead to there is a brown and a red trail the brown has two trail markers I saw one on the yellow trail before the pond and then another after you rejoin yellow across the pond. I would love to see anyone’s map or recording or the further portion of the trails. My suspicion is that they all lead to the mt holyoke range trails but I did not have the time to accurately record and explore. Someone please record or mark the rest of the trails so I can walk without getting lost because I’m dumb!

Beautiful as advertised. Great view of pond at end.
Stay on yellow trail. Look for Todd Andrew Bristol memorial along the way. Sad.

Loved this trail, there aren't any signs, just trail markers, so without using this as my guide I may have been a little bit off track. Beautiful reservoir and great for dogs to come too also.

Exactly as I expected. The tips to follow the yellow markers to the water and that there was not a lot of signage also really helped. I went with my 5 and 7 year old nephews and we all enjoyed this trail, and the people we met along the way!
Lots of dogs, most not on leashes, so be prepared if you are not a dog person!

Easy trail to lovely reservoir. Could use more markers and trail signs, but it wasn't hard to follow.

Nice hike...TONS of bugs though.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Nice little hike along a woods road leading to the reservoir. Easy trailhead access. Could use more blazes. We pulled the kids up in sleds and had a blast coming back down the last stretch. Ran into hunters, so make sure to wear orange if it's hunting season.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Very easy trail to hike. Plenty of spots on the water to sit back and take in the nature.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Easy trail. Can't wait to go back to fish! Water looks really clean.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Not very well marked. Follow the yellow marks if you can. It's weird that it says no swimming on the sign by where you park on Lithia Springs rd.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Dog friendly! For some reason Skinner Park isn't showing up or Section 7 of M-M Trail which is where we started today. We took M-M -> Dry Brook -> Lithia Springs -> Lithia Bypass -> Lithia Springs -> Lithia Outlook. We then felt we could continue on and did Black Rock -> M-M -> cheated and took the road to the summit house then M-M back down the mountain. It was a great hike and not as busy as I thought it would be

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Very nice, quiet walk through the woods. Very calm. Dogs allowed! Many hummingbirds. There are many trails but the most direct to the water is yellow.

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Really rewarding, amazing swimming hole !

Friday, October 10, 2014

The trail essentially goes to the water and back. Quiet, pretty, and good for running and hiking.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Nice hike today up to Lithia Springs Reservoir with my 8 yr old. Took one short steeper section but other than that it was slight up and down. Awesome weather today!