Lithia Springs

Lithia Springs is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near South Hadley, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A really nice hike. A few things to consider. Parking is very limited on Lithia Springs Road. A variety of “No parking between signs”, “Parking in front of gate will result in tow”, etc. An option for parking is to drive past Gagne’s Package store on Rte 116. A short distance on left you will see a sign indicating “Hikers Parking”, and this is where it gets weird. The lot where you are allowed to park for Hiking is loaded with “No Trespassing” signs. Seems to be sending two messages here, ok to park if your a hiker., but others? I’m told the signs remain from the days when you were not allowed to hike in this area, before it was part of the State Park. Once parked in the lot, just walk around the gate and hike for about 5 minutes and you will see a trail that goes to the left. (If you come up to some blue drainage pipe and some old fire extinguishers, you went too far) BTW - at the trail head is a blue and white sign, you guessed it, it says “No Trespassing” but take the trail for a little ways and a small jog to the right at the end of the trail and you will see some houses and you will be right at Lithia Springs Road. From there you will see the trail markers for the Lithia Springs Trail. (Time from the “Hikers parking on 116 is about 10M) Much easier than worrying about your car being towed. For those looking to go farther than the Reservoir, you will see on the way to the reservoir a trail marker leading you to the Summit House on the Mount Holyoke Range. Enjoy

I love lithia but I just found out about the section of trails from the pond up the mountain I have only ever been as far out as the pond. Today the dog and I took a jaunt up the trail but could not map out where it lead to there is a brown and a red trail the brown has two trail markers I saw one on the yellow trail before the pond and then another after you rejoin yellow across the pond. I would love to see anyone’s map or recording or the further portion of the trails. My suspicion is that they all lead to the mt holyoke range trails but I did not have the time to accurately record and explore. Someone please record or mark the rest of the trails so I can walk without getting lost because I’m dumb!

Beautiful as advertised. Great view of pond at end.
Stay on yellow trail. Look for Todd Andrew Bristol memorial along the way. Sad.

Loved this trail, there aren't any signs, just trail markers, so without using this as my guide I may have been a little bit off track. Beautiful reservoir and great for dogs to come too also.

Exactly as I expected. The tips to follow the yellow markers to the water and that there was not a lot of signage also really helped. I went with my 5 and 7 year old nephews and we all enjoyed this trail, and the people we met along the way!
Lots of dogs, most not on leashes, so be prepared if you are not a dog person!

Easy trail to lovely reservoir. Could use more markers and trail signs, but it wasn't hard to follow.

Nice hike...TONS of bugs though.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Nice little hike along a woods road leading to the reservoir. Easy trailhead access. Could use more blazes. We pulled the kids up in sleds and had a blast coming back down the last stretch. Ran into hunters, so make sure to wear orange if it's hunting season.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Very easy trail to hike. Plenty of spots on the water to sit back and take in the nature.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Easy trail. Can't wait to go back to fish! Water looks really clean.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Not very well marked. Follow the yellow marks if you can. It's weird that it says no swimming on the sign by where you park on Lithia Springs rd.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Dog friendly! For some reason Skinner Park isn't showing up or Section 7 of M-M Trail which is where we started today. We took M-M -> Dry Brook -> Lithia Springs -> Lithia Bypass -> Lithia Springs -> Lithia Outlook. We then felt we could continue on and did Black Rock -> M-M -> cheated and took the road to the summit house then M-M back down the mountain. It was a great hike and not as busy as I thought it would be

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Very nice, quiet walk through the woods. Very calm. Dogs allowed! Many hummingbirds. There are many trails but the most direct to the water is yellow.

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Really rewarding, amazing swimming hole !

Friday, October 10, 2014

The trail essentially goes to the water and back. Quiet, pretty, and good for running and hiking.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Nice hike today up to Lithia Springs Reservoir with my 8 yr old. Took one short steeper section but other than that it was slight up and down. Awesome weather today!

Sunday, September 04, 2016