Kettlehole Trail

Kettlehole Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

historic site

An easy enough hike through a pleasant area. We combined it with Mount Misery and continued on to the Walden Pond and hiked back to Lincoln through Pine Hill and Woods End. Saw a Pileated Woodpecker.

Decent outing. I found the trail we’re not well marked however plenty of friendly folks

Fun trail with a lot to see, when you walk through the Mount Misery area you’ll notice how open the forest is, especially for southern New England. I would recommend taking a little excursion to the top of Mount Misery rather than around it. There’s an old cabin foundation on top with unknown history. Later on you’ll pass deep glacial kettle holes with wetlands at the bottom and you’ll see the Sudbury River. When I went there were a bunch of dogs playing in the water. This might be a good hike to bring your pets on. The loop portion of the trail is fairly uneventful. If you want a big hike you can continue on past where this map tells you to turn around, and loop around Walden Pond. This would add a few more miles to your trip.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Easy to access from S. Great Rd, nice wide trail. A little effort upfront, then it's mostly flat - I'd probably say it's closer to 'easy' than 'moderate'. Markings were disappointing though. From the S. Great Rd. starting point, I didn't see a welcome board or maps anywhere, so I just winged it, choosing the red markers over the yellow, having no clue. Ultimately, I crossed the big farm - which is an awesome break - but just turned around from there.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

The kids liked it. We enjoyed the woods and kettle holes when away from the noise of rt 117. A very brief overlook of the Sudbury River so the name of the hike is a little misleading. Every other person we saw was also with a dog (some on leash, some not). Trails were adequately marked with colors and names. We used the map on this app to choose our path and found our way easily. Paths were obvious and apart from one short stretch were dry and passable. Mosquitos were out. Parking rotated quickly.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Varied from forest to field and crossing several roads with some hills. Poorly marked trails

Wednesday, April 13, 2016