Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Hubbard River Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Granville, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 482 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I found these trails to be easy not moderate. Some in the forest, some rocky, lots of pinecones, and pretty walk near many small waterfalls and ponds. Very peaceful.

Nice hike, nothing spectacular

Trail was a little slippery today due to recent rain. Nice hike along the river with lots of small waterfalls and pools

Enjoyed the paved as much as the trail. Can easily cross river to access both. Keep the dog on a leash ranger didn’t mess around;-).

I love hiking along the Hubbarf River! The trail was in great condition. I hiked over the rocks in the riverbed today. it was really a lot of fun, and, of course, the waterfall was great.

This is beautiful! gorgeous little creek with rocks and you walk right along the water.

Sun Apr 07 2019

Tue Mar 05 2019

Cross countried this trail today in both sides of the river. Snow was just right for skiing. Quite beautiful. River was partially frozen but still flowing gently.

Tue Feb 12 2019

What a beautiful hike. I planned to hike for about a mile along one side of the river the cross over and hike back on the other side. Unfortunately when I got to the ford, it wasn’t passable. So I had an enjoyable time retracing my steps. The ice formations in the river were spectacular!

Sun Jul 16 2017

Perfectly pleasant, but it's a flat walk between roads and doesn't have views. The round trip clocked in at 4.67 to/from the parking area, and the elevation gain was less then half of what was expected.

Sun Dec 04 2016

Just a lovely trail. Walking along the water is so wonderful. The sound is tremendous. We will return in many different seasons.

Sun Oct 23 2016

Excellent fall hike

Thu Sep 08 2016

Surprisingly beautiful, a few nice water falls, halfway brook is pretty sweet too.

Thu Jul 21 2016

It is a beautiful hike along the river with paved trails and natural trails definitely will go back loved it

Sat Sep 26 2015

This was a beautiful hike. I took the Hubbard River Trail which starts off as a paved road (gated, so no cars). The pavement ends with a little circle and a trail continues. You are along the river most of the way and there are several areas with beautiful waterfalls. There are also large slabs of bedrock that stick out into the river that would make a nice place to have a picnic. Absolutely beautiful spot! My initial plan for this hike was to make a loop by doing the Hubbard River Trail to the Ore Hill Trail. (Map on Granville State Forest website). That did not really work out. There are no trail signs or markers. Looking at my GPS track when I got home, it looks like I went all the way to Hartland Hollow Road. It is a dirt road and I couldn't tell if I was on Hartland Hollow or on part of the Ore Hill Trail, which according to the map, is also an unpaved road at the start. I decided to return along the Hubbard River Trail. I did see a trail with a yellow blaze which I now believe was Ore Hill Trail. It did not look well maintained and since I wasn't sure I decided to stick to what I knew. I also tried to find the Woods Trail without success. [One kind of humorous thing - there are two restrooms indicated along the trail. Indeed, it appears there used to be. The men's outhouse appears to have been squashed flat by a big tree. The women's outhouse was about 50 feet away. One door was screwed shut and the other was hanging askew, but it opened (didn't close well) and there were extra rolls of t.p. in there.] There is definite need of trail maintenance (at least putting up some signs), but it is a beautiful spot.

recorded Recording - Apr 17, 04:24 PM