Hickey, Squaw and Indian Loop

Hickey, Squaw and Indian Loop is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Great Barrington, Massachusetts that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 688 feet Route Type: Loop

Hickey - Squaw - Indian

Nice little hike!! Stopped on the way up route 7 on the way to Vermont...perfect spot to get out of the car and stretch the legs for a couple of hours. Great place for a family hike...not difficult

not a bad hike. great views at the top.

We traveled up the Indian Monument trail, then up Squaw Peak and down Hickey. All of the trails are very well marked and maintained. There's a lot of foot traffic, but plenty of room to step aside or even share the trail with passers by.

Be sure to take in the summit and trail along the ridge (orange to red to blue. Great way to spend a couple hours.

Nice fun easy hike I grew up hiking, worth it, wait until it's not crazy though.

Great hike, don’t leave without checking out the Devil’s pulpit

There is a $5 parking fee at the trailhead. Going up the red dot Squaw Trail was shady, rocky and a steep climb at times. We wished there had been more red dot markings along the way because it was a little confusing our first time. We took the easier light blue dot main trail to meandering down on a wide smooth path, which worked out really well for us. Monument Mountain was a beautiful, easy 2-3 mile hike with panoramic views at the summit.

Great trail with excellent views. Lots of history here. Will be back during peak foliage season.

Great view

some scrambling but beautiful views and forests!

Note the elevation. Great walk!

Thu Oct 11 2018

This hike was nice, but very easy compared to what I had read here. This would be a fantastic trail run, but I was looking for a slightly more rigorous hike for walking than what I got. My friend and I hiked the more challenging leg of the trail up, crossed over the summit using Squaw Trail, then took the easier Indian Trail down (it’s better on your knees to go downhill more gradually). The paths were all incredibly clean and well kept. There were a few 4 year old kids playing at Summit when we got up there, which says something about how easy the hike is. Views are great, but if youre looking for more of a “real hike” where youre following blazes and needing to watch your footing, choose a different hike.

Mon Oct 08 2018

My 8 year old daughter and I really love this trail, we did it for the first time back in April and didn’t make it to the top of the red trail but enjoyed our hike. Just went this past weekend (October) and made it up the red trail and down the yellow. Beautiful and only slightly challenging. View was amazing

Wed Aug 08 2018

Lotsa fun

Mon Jun 11 2018

We did the Indian Trail to Squaw Trail and Hickory trail. These is a cut off for the Squaw Trail from either Indian or Hickory. Trails are rugged at top. Nice views. Well marked with color dots on tree. Indian is blue, hickory yellow and squaw red. $5 to park for day. It is worth the parking fee.