Helen's Trail Loop is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lawrence, Massachusetts that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Make sure you know to come back out the same way you go in! As you get deeper into the trail, the paths narrow and you can get lost. Not good signage around or marks. Pretty flat. Near the rear of the trail, lots of flying bugs, so bring some repellent

The trail is easy. There are currently trees down so we had to do some swerving around. Due to rain there are some parts that are muddy. I didn't like this trail mainly because it does not loop around so at some point you have to walk on the street which has no sidewalks. There also seems to be a lot of ticks on the trail. My dog was leashed so it's not like she went off path. I was able to dust off several, but had to pull 2 ticks out with tweezers.

Overall, I see potential once spring is in full swing, but I don't see myself coming here again. Like I said, you have to walk on the street to get back to your car.

Saturday, October 14, 2017