Harold Parker Loop Trail

Harold Parker Loop Trail is a 16.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Andover, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

This Forest, 20 miles north of Boston, has some really incredible mountain bike trails within its boundaries. There are a variety of trails from roads to paths to single track covering over 35 miles. Use the included map to guide you on a loop around the circumference of the main trails which passes by several bodies of water where you can also watch for birds. There are plenty of trails that twist in and out of the track, too many to make turn for turn directions. Use the track and your phone to guide your trail choices depending on if you are hiking or biking.

Always clean and friendly environment.

Great trail. Awesome views.

Its $5 to park for the day at the parking lot. We started the trail near the gate instead of at the back of the parking lot. At the beginning, there were some interesting rock outcroppings and then halfway through it was more water features, swamps, ponds. We had to cross or walk a short distance on roads four times. The roads a not heavily travelled but they are narrow. The end took us through a paved camping area. For a weekend day, we did not see many people on the trails. The trail was not marked so spent a lot of time checking my phone as there were many intersecting trails (hence the missing star). I don't think this should be rated as moderate as it was pretty easy. Nice place. One could make it as short or as long as one wanted.

no signs to guide you but all tracks leads to trails and to roads. i paid too much attention to if i was following the planned route but i gave up. I couldn't get lost in the wilderness.

Friday, January 06, 2017

It was ok for me, not great. Lots of in and out short trails that all lead back to the main road. A good place for a walk with a dog- not so exciting by yourself! At least the ice had almost entirely melted.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Just time for a short loop with our dog. A little icy in spots. Only saw 3 bikers.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Walked to Berry Pond with my dog Nova, very pretty and peaceful.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Good! Nice scenic walk, not too difficult. No trail markers though.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Love this place

Thursday, November 05, 2015

It's nice and beautiful but trails are poorly marked. Map is ok need to have gps. Hunting is also taking place in area dress brightly.

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Dog friendly park. My lab loves to hike with us

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Nice

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

beautiful

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Large state forest with lots of ponds and trails. I am not familiar with the trails and they are poorly marked, I found bringing a phone and using current location on the map portion of the app helpful, there are Many trails connecting to other trails which were not marked. This helped me find my way back to my car. Bring bug spray, The bugs and Mosquitos were terrible, I was eaten alive!

Friday, July 27, 2012

I have either MTB and hiked these trails many times and can say that while the side trails are not marked well you can find your way around pretty easily. There are some hard trails as well as some easier, there is even a gravel path and a paved path you can ride on. Many different sections of the park to enjoy, you could be there all day and not do all the trails. Parking lots are usually full, but could be out on the trail and not see anyone until I return from to lot.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Decent loop not too far from Bsoton, but too buggy and badly marked to compete with places like Blue Hills, and The Fells which offer much more difficult terrain and better marked and maintained trails

Monday, June 18, 2012

Very difficult to fine trail blazes they are few and far between. A few trails need some major clearing hard to spot changes in the trails.

recorded test lows hitops I