Learn more

Halibut Point Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Rockport, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 121 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

This is a very beautiful state park at the end of land in Gloucester. A historical interpretive trail around the Halibut State Park and Babson Farm Quarry. This guide will take you through the woods to a 60 foot deep water-filled quarry and then to the ocean to relax by the sounds of crashing waves.

Amazing views

Ten stars. Beautiful, diverse, clean, simply gorgeous. I will go back again and again.

Beautiful easy trail with beautiful views of the quarry however wear bug spray and be aware of Fox because we saw 2 walking at a distance.

April 5th 2020 busy day not loads of parking . nice walk good views of the old quarry . really impressive as you walk down and see the ocean . good footwear needed. as you walk down on the rocks . sat on the rocks watched the surfers cool spot

Dog friendly. Many great places to watch the sunset

Did it on a cloudy Sunday morning with a toddler, so traffic was light. My 2 year old daughter got out of the backpack to run the trail and spot the numbered trail markers, though we picked her up near the quarry itself. Great views!

Perfect.

First time coming to Rockport and we loved it! The views were stunning and the trail was great! Made for a great first Mother’s Day!

it's beautiful but beware that the parking lot is currently closed, they only allow people in who come on foot. Local street parking is also limited.

flooded

Really awesome trail, some portions of the eastern side of the park flooded in the early spring due to snow melt. I recommend coming here, the views are epic!!

Great family hiking spot, good for all abilities. Rewarding views and dog friendly, this is a winner for all. Spots can be muddy after rain, and all facilities are closed right now.

recorded Halibut Point Trail

icy

This is one of the most beautiful trails in all of New England. It is short but worth doing over and over again. The water views are spectacular and the granite boulders are like nothing I have ever seen. The people I met along this trail are so kind and friendly. My only wish is that there was a garbage can closer to the water. This trail is a must do for anyone who wants to see the quintessential New England Coast and beautiful granite quarries.

icy

Lake, hill, forest, rocks and ocean

Nice trail. Enjoy the views take your time.

I hiked this trail 5 months pregnant and it was still pretty easy. Beautiful views of the ocean.

My husband and I hiked the Atlantic Path which leads to Halibut State Park. I loved this winding walk over rock ledges that slope towards the sea. It’s a two-mile walk that begins just past The Emerson Inn, in Rockport, MA. There’s a sign that reads “public foot path”. It’s a fun trail with amazing views of the ocean. We took our time and walked for an hour and decided to turn around before reaching Halibut State Park. I highly recommend visiting this trail.

Absolutely stunning and an easy walk.

This is a very short but very pretty trail. Brought my kids for a picnic. They also loved the rock cairn garden that overlooks the ocean where you can build cairns. Pretty spot!