paddle sports

No top of a mountain vista but nice day hike. Followed the AT from Goose Pond Rd. like it is on the map down to where the cut off to the left goes to the cabin or continue right on the AT then back. Goose pond looks like a great area, saw many on kayak and some on their boats out fishing. As mentioned, trail is not really steep but has its moments where it gradually rises in spots and of course as all mountains, watch for the roots and rocks. One thing I'd like to mention is that the red trail you see on the directions is correct even though you see a point where it seems to leave the AT (just over a mile in) and goes down the mountain on a new path. I'm guessing the AT got re-marked along the way and maps haven't caught up. I saw what appears to be the old trail at the bottom where the red line meets back up with it. Parking is just a little bit to the right of the trail head, small area but enough to probably hold 5 cars, not that many probably drive to this section. I ran into several thru hikers and a couple day hikers like myself and an AT section hiker.