Freetown Trail

Freetown Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Assonet, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hiked this twice and did a different path each time. The highlights were climbing Profile Rock and the views from The Ledge. Some trails were fantastic and others were barely there and needed some clean up. Not all trails are clearly marked. I would've given 3.5 stars if it was possible.

We've been to Profile Rock several times and to the Ledge once recently. The kids & dog enjoy these spots, the views at the top are nice. Downside is the graffiti captured in our pictures.

The kids loved it!

good for a beginner

Monday, October 10, 2016

if you want to hike or take your dog on a walk go somewhere else

Friday, September 09, 2016

Trails are horrible. Dirt bikes everywhere, almost got run over by one flying around the corner. Graffiti was everywhere on trees, rocks, etc. There was really no parking for us. It said, "No parking" in front of the gate so I parked in the street. We walked all the way to the ledge it was a very long walk, where is a bunch of punks out there and walking around and making jokes about falling off the ledge (very disrespectful). We walked all the way back to the car in the car had been towed so now me and my friends are really mad because we already walked like 4 miles in, then we had to walk 21 more miles. Worst trail ever.

geocaching
Sunday, July 24, 2016

love this forest beautiful scenery..I go paranormal investing here....

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sunday, December 27, 2015

I completed an approximate 9 mile loop today (12/27/15). I parked at the main parking area on Stab Bridge Road and headed south using the trail map found at http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/dcr/parks/trails/freetown.pdf. I did the 9 miles without ever going south of Copicut Road. The are some trail blazes but the map didn't seem to have colors or specific trail info. Perhaps there is additional information at other websites. In any event this is a huge area and well worth a visit. There are many options for trails and dirt roads. It had rained during the previous night and some of the trails had a lot of standing water, especially where the trials had been eroded. Many of the trails were also rocky so you had to pay attention. Not much elevation change. Some type of blight and/or fires have killed many trees which is unfortunate but it did make for some interesting landscapes. I look forward to completing other sections of the trail system.

Sunday, October 18, 2015