Freetown Trail

Freetown Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Assonet, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

The kids loved it!

good for a beginner

if you want to hike or take your dog on a walk go somewhere else

Trails are horrible. Dirt bikes everywhere, almost got run over by one flying around the corner. Graffiti was everywhere on trees, rocks, etc. There was really no parking for us. It said, "No parking" in front of the gate so I parked in the street. We walked all the way to the ledge it was a very long walk, where is a bunch of punks out there and walking around and making jokes about falling off the ledge (very disrespectful). We walked all the way back to the car in the car had been towed so now me and my friends are really mad because we already walked like 4 miles in, then we had to walk 21 more miles. Worst trail ever.

geocaching

love this forest beautiful scenery..I go paranormal investing here....

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sunday, December 27, 2015

I completed an approximate 9 mile loop today (12/27/15). I parked at the main parking area on Stab Bridge Road and headed south using the trail map found at http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/dcr/parks/trails/freetown.pdf. I did the 9 miles without ever going south of Copicut Road. The are some trail blazes but the map didn't seem to have colors or specific trail info. Perhaps there is additional information at other websites. In any event this is a huge area and well worth a visit. There are many options for trails and dirt roads. It had rained during the previous night and some of the trails had a lot of standing water, especially where the trials had been eroded. Many of the trails were also rocky so you had to pay attention. Not much elevation change. Some type of blight and/or fires have killed many trees which is unfortunate but it did make for some interesting landscapes. I look forward to completing other sections of the trail system.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Monday, October 05, 2015

Friday, June 05, 2015

We didn't go to profile rock but we did walk around the park. It was a good hike, while the trails were marked it wasn't always clear which trail was what. The park is nice and quite, you can only hear nature which is always wonderful.
Our dog really liked all of the frogs in the area. Next time we plan on going to profile rock. I only gave it 3 stars because of the confusing trails and the amount of bugs.

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I really had a great time here. Went on a two-person hike earlier this year, and the trails have plenty to offer. A bunch of options to fine tune your hike's length and difficulty. Great terrain, hills, foliage, etc. I only give it a 3 because the big attraction, the giant rock that overlooks Freetown/Fall River, was tagged with graffiti and littered with cans and trash. Just a shame that such a beautiful place is marred by ignorance.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Took this trail during the winter, after a snow storm. Very pleasant and beautiful nature walk. The occasional frozen pond was fun for the dog, but nerve-wrecking for me.