Franklin Reservoir Loops is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Franklin Town, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

I walk these trails all the time with my dog and love them. Took at the All Trails route today and discovered that the trail no longer connects all the way around. To follow the map you will have to cross a beaver damn/flooded area. We did it, rather than turn around, but came home with muddy paws and wet feet. Plenty of other trail options though and definitely worth the visit, particularly when the water Lillie’s are in bloom.

Was a bit overgrown in the beginning needing me to duck to get by bushes and branches. Nice woods inside the red loop which I did a few times to get any length to my run. Beautiful lily pads with flowers across the bridge.
Got lost as I crossed the small bridge at end of the “loop” because trail seemed to go up a hill and to a fence on the road. Not sure if this was the correct way to get back so I just turned around.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016